<2>

White shimmery lights like the stars is what the wedding venue is decorated with. Xiao Zhan likes the bling bling of the crystal chandelier in the middle. Today his Baba got married to Miss Yishi, sorry, 'mama Yishi' as the woman told him to call.

The venue is filled with his Baba's and Mana's close friends and their relatives. It was the after party of the wedding. His grandmother is keeping a watch on him. So he can't even go and play with any other kid, especially Yibo. Thinking about Yibo, Xiao Zhan smiled sweetly.

Over the last six months they met a lot. Though through all their meetings Yibo barely talked with him Xiao Zhan didn't take this to his heart. What was to take to heart with Yibo's condition.I mean who could after perceiving Yibo hugging the plushie he gave and carrying it with him everywhere. Yibo surely likes the plushie. Even the amount of time he called Xiao Zhan, ' Zhan-Ge' could be counted with his both hands. But nevertheless, Yibo did call him 'Ge' with that sweet soft voice of him. The more he spent time with Yibo the more he felt an attachment with the 5 year old.

He scrutinized his surroundings to see if he can find Yibo and didn't found the boy. Perceiving that grandma got caught up talking with some elderly relatives Zhan sneakily rushed out of his grandma's side. He dashed through the crowd looking side ways to see if he can track Yibo.

He looked everywhere but couldn't find Yibo. He looked towards the stage where his parents were with guests,and Yibo wasn't there too. Strange. Where could have Yibo gone to all by himself. Zhan felt quite uneasy. He walked out towards the lawn. There he found a crowd of kids of his age cowering at the side. Wanting to see what they were doing he walked towards them.

Nearing the crowd he could clearly hear a girl's voice, " Didn't I say to give me the plushie?! I want it! You need to give it to me!"

Supporting the girl, a boy among the crowd voiced out, " Yes, give it to her! Why would a boy have a plushie? The plushie would look better at Yangzi's arms!"

Plushie? Boy? Could it be Yibo?!

Xiao Zhan broke through the crowd rudely and found the one he was searching all along. Yibo in stood the middle with strongly clutching the plushie to his chest while looking at his feet. If it weren't for the situation they were in Xiao Zhan, for sure, would have cooed at the sight of Yibo. Well, no matter, what Yibo does it looks adorable to Zhan.

Back to the situation, Zhan rushed to Yibo's side and brought him into a hug, before howling, " Yangzi, what do you think you are doing?!"

" Zhan! You are here! What I am doing? Look I found your favourite plushie at this boy's hands. I know it's yours cause your name is engraved on the scarf the plushie wears. I was helping you to get it back.", Yangzi said in a manner as if she was doing Xiao Zhan a favor.

Zhan snorted, " You think I need your help. And for the record, I gave it to Yibo as a gift, myself. Do you know who he is? He is my,one and only, Didi. Who do you think you are?! Coming at our parents wedding and bullying my Didi. Don't forget you ate at my parents expense today and this is how you repay."

Yangzi stomped  her feet in anger as tears welled up in her eyes  and said, " My parents bought gift! We didn't eat for free." , before running away. All the kids choose to follow Yangzi leaving behind Zhan and Yibo.

Zhan removed his arms from Yibo and looked at Yibo. He looked for any sort of injury, but found none. After sighing he said, " Bo-di, don't listen to them. They are just naughty kids. I, Zhan-ge, gave this plushie to you as a gift. So the plushie belongs to you."

Yibo looked at Zhan blankly though a small smile tugged at his lips, then pointing at the plushie said in soft murmur, " Zhan-ge,..mine."

" Yes, yours.", Zhan said with a wide grin.

" From now on, I swear Yibo, your Zhan-ge will always protect you. I promise.", Zhan said as he took Yibo's right stand,as Yibo stared at him with big round eyes, and linked their pinky's.

" Our parents got married today. It means we can stay together at one house from now on!", Zhan said excitedly as he held Yibo's hand.

".....Mar...riage...", Yibo tilted his head showing he didn't get the meaning.

" Aiya, marriage, my, no, our grandmother said that it's when two people love each other and want to protect each other decide to get together. They kiss and the marriage is done. Though it might be hard for you to understand what it means.", Zhan said imitating to behave like an adult but failing miserably.

" Now that I think, didn't I say I will protect you, and I already do love you...", Zhan put on a thinking face and exclaimed with a sheer joy , " It means we can get married!"

But his face became gloomy when he realized, "Though I don't know if you love me or would want to protect me."

He shook his head, and scolded him inwardly realizing he was saying absurd things. Thus he  decided to take Yibo in and see if he would like to eat anything. Though he knew Yibo at most  would choose to eat rice and beef and the dishes Yibo was already familiar with, and won't eat anything he wasn't accustomed with.

As he decided to lead Yibo inside, Yibo slowly raised his left hand and motioned Zhan to bent to his height. Zhan, though quite taken aback, did so and the next thing he knew Yibo  pressed his lips on Zhan's for a moment and retracted his neck back, and kept blankly looking at Zhan.

Was Zhan fine? No! Certainly not! He felt his soul just departed!

Zhan brought Yibo in a hug, and yet again there was no response,or hugging back from Yibo, still Zhan felt inexplicable happiness. This Didi was going to make him the happiest Ge on planet Earth, or maybe even on Jupiter, Mars, Saturn, Neptune or any other planet, the whole universe!

Maybe he would.

————————————

Hey, my lovely dearest readers! Didn't expect an update today, right? But your author felt generous and here I am!

Don't forget to comment how you liked the chapter.

Till the next time.❤️