<16>

"A few days ago he did got sick owing to the changes in season. He had a light fever and cold. Don't worry, Dad. Tell mom not to worry as well. Bobo is perfectly fine now. Yeah, yeah, I'll take care. You guys take care as well. Bye~", Zhan kept the call. It was his stepfather who had called him all the way from Taiwan, it was nothing new. Over the last year he has been in a great relation with his birth mother and stepfather. They would frequently exchange calls, and visit China exclusively to meet him and Yibo.

Talking with them Zhan feels really great as they accepted every part of Zhan with their open arms, and always showered with all the love his real father and stepmother failed to provide him, as well as to Yibo. After meeting them he realized what parents truly are like; not like the one who tries to fill up the empty place of love with money, or just wants the grades and impose high expectations on you, or who discriminates against a sick child.

Truth be told, his Baba and Yishi mom wasn't always like this. Yes, they worked hard to earn the money to provide them with a better life. If Zhan correctly remembers Yishi mom, too, was once gentle and had a motherly feel to her, owing to the way she cared about Yibo, and even Zhan. It now feels it was a long time ago, now such a distant nostalgic memory for him, and he is sure even for Yibo. How did they change? Or, why did they change the way they did?

He clearly remembers how confused, and hurt, Yibo was with the sudden changes in his mother's behavior. Watching his mother become so distant, and like a stranger who would try to find fault within him was painful for him. It really broke Zhan watching Yibo by the side, and not being able to do much rather than trying to fill up the place with his love, attention, and care; like he has done always.

Zhan shook his head trying to break his train of thoughts which was speedily wheeling towards the sad route. He lightly slapped his face , and made his way to the fridge, as he was in the kitchen, to make breakfast which was what he initially wanted to do before his Dad called. It was Sunday today which means a free day or, simply the last free Sunday before his finals start. He was soon graduating University. Yes, finally fully stepping into the society.

It would be wrong to say if he isn't nervous about his future like any other graduating student, but he actually is quite clear about what he wants to pursue. For which he has also been saving since he entered University doing part time jobs, and designing graphics for online businesses in his free time. So it can be said he has been able to gather quite a huge amount of capital for what he has in plan.

As Zhan brought out some eggs, and closed the fridge he felt a pair of arms coiling around his waist, while the forehead was gently supported against his shoulder from behind. The familiar warmth radiating against his shoulder through his t-shirt made Zhan's heart do several summersaults, and even after so many years, the close proximity to Yibo always makes Zhan's head dizzy, as if he was a teenager falling in love for the first time. Well, though he wasn't a teenager Yibo was, is, and always will be his first love, right?

"Gege, morning.", Yibo's sleepy voice sounded by Zhan's ear.

"Morning baby. Did you sleep well?", Zhan asked gently as he moved, dragging Yibo, to the counter to start preparing breakfast.

" Yes,.. did Ge too?",Yibo mumbled.

Zhan nodded as he cracked the eggs, kept in a bowl, cleaned his hands with a towel, then shifted to face Yibo.

"Is my baby still feeling sleepy?", Zhan asked as he cupped Yibo's face gently.

Yibo kneaded his eyes like a kitten, to drive away the sleepiness, and shook his head. It made Zhan smile adoringly at Yibo.