<3>

Tomorrow's Christmas, but it seems like even this year his parents won't be at home to celebrate the occasion with Zhan and Yibo, as they have the night shift at the hospital they are working at. Both Xiao Zhan's parents are doctors and that's how Mr. Xiao and Miss Wang met and fell in love. Xiao Zhan turned 12 this year while Yibo turned 9. Over the years their parents got,more and more,caught up in their work as they both received promotions. Thus for the last 4 years Xiao Zhan has diligently and willingly been taking care of Yibo.

Zhan would wake up at eight. After he's ready for school he would wake Yibo up, making Yibo ready for the take care center. Once he gets Yibo dressed he would make him sit at the dining table, where Yibo would sit patiently with the plushie clutched to his chest. Yes, 4 years and still Yibo loves the plushie and takes it with him to everywhere.

At breakfast, Yibo would only have pancakes with honey only made by Xiao Zhan. All Yibo's meals are prepared by Xiao Zhan. If anyone else prepares it, even if it's his mom, now a days he won't eat it. Xiao Zhan took up an interest in cooking at the age of of 6 watching his grandmother cook. And as their parents wouldn't return till night Xiao Zhan would sneak in the kitchen and make food for Yibo.

Once his parents realized Zhan would cook without adult supervision they were quite angry, but after Xiao Zhan begged and whined to let him cook for Yibo they agreed, after making the kitchen more childproof.

A few months ago Grandma Xiao had complained about how Xiao Zhan doesn't visit her anymore thus wanted Xiao Zhan to spend his summer vacations at her place. She even wanted Yibo to spend time with her as she loved Yibo as well. Who wouldn't like such an adorable and obedient kid? But sigh his mental problem made him tied back from the world that's what Grandma Xiao was sad about.

Xiao Zhan quite reluctantly agreed though leaving Yibo behind for such a long time didn't feel quite right. People may say Zhan himself is a kid then why should he worry about taking care of Yibo and should enjoy his own vacations. But Zhan would totally protest as he would prefer spending time with his Yibo more. At first when he left, Zhan thought it wouldn't matter to Yibo if he left. He knew Yibo quite liked him. But still he had suspicion about whether Yibo would feel as sad as him if they had to spend a few days away from each other,cause Yibo never initiated any interactions between them. Maybe Yibo wouldn't miss him much. Boy, was he wrong?

The day he left for his grandma's, hugged and said bye, Yibo just stood by the door and looked at his shoes, not saying anything. Xiao Zhan still smiled, waved, and dejectedly left. But two days later Zhan received a call from his Baba, saying Yibo refused to eat anything, and would sit by the entrance door while clutching the plushie as he kept chanting, 'Zhan-Ge'. Xiao Zhan was shocked was an understatement, but he was really too. He at once told his Baba to come and drive him back.

Once his Baba drove him back, he found Yibo standing by the driveway, and as soon as he came out of the car Yibo's eyes trembled with tears and rushed into Xiao Zhan's arms while wailing, " Zhan-ge!"

Xiao Zhan's heart broke feeling Yibo tremble and cry while clutching his t-shirt tight. His own eyes got teary as he soothingly rubbed circles on Yibo's back and said, " Shhsh. Zhan-ge, is here. Don't cry, baby." He picked up Yibo in his arms and walked into the house. Yibo was so light for a eight year old that Zhan had no difficulty in carrying him.Their parents watched from the sideline feeling quite emotional at the scene. They didn't know that Xiao Zhan and Yibo was so close. But knowing that they're actually so close they felt, especially Yishi.

As Zhan tried to keep Yibo on the sofa, Yibo clutched him by the neck tighter as he wailed, " Yibo will be good. Zhan-ge, no leave Yibo. Zhan-ge, stay with Yibo." Zhan smiled at Yibo's words and felt inexplicable happiness as finally realized how important he was actually to Yibo.

" Bobo baby, Zhan-ge, won't leave. Promise. But I heard you haven't ate anything. So Zhan-ge wanted to make you something. What does my little Bobo wants to eat? Zhan-ge, will make it for you.", Zhan said to Yibo and hugged him tight to reassure he won't go anywhere.

" Want..*hiccup*...Zhan-ge..*hiccup*...don't..leave.", Yibo said holding even tighter nuzzling his runny nose in the crook of Zhan's neck.

Zhan just smiled and picked him up and looked at his parents, " I will take him to his room, Yishi mama, bring our food in our room. I will give him a bath by the time you're done with cooking."

Yishi nodded eagerly while wiping her tears, and stride  towards the kitchen to cook Yibo's favourite food.

That night Zhan had to sleep in Yibo's room,cause the sudden clingy kid won't leave his side. Though he didn't talk at all,after his bursting in tears before, Zhan very much enjoyed the little one's clinginess. That day it showed how much Yibo actually appreciated his presence in his life. And Zhan truly realized what the phrase ' actions speak louder than words' mean.

" Ge"

Zhan heard a soft murmur beside him before he felt a tuck. Looking at his little precious Yibo Zhan smiled widely.

" Yes, Bobo."

" Thinking?", Yibo said tilting his head.

" You're asking what am I thinking?", Zhan inquired. These days Yibo has started to respond and interact more with Zhan after that particular incident.

Yibo nodded.

" Nothing much. Just how amazing my little Bobo is.", Zhan said while he picked Yibo up from his side, as they sat on the sofa in the living room, and placed him on his lap and hugged him tight.

" True.", Yibo said solemnly which made Zhan laugh out loud, and pat Yibo's hair.

" Cheeky little fool.", Zhan adoringly.

"Say, Yibo, what should we do for Christmas tomorrow?"

————————-
Araya_Undomiel This chapter is especially for you. I hope you are able to read it on thine as you wished.😁❤️💚

Here's another update for my lovely readers and thanks for waiting patiently. I really hope you will like the update.

Don't forget to comment and share your opinions!

Till the next time~~💚❤️