VII

Bakugou was back at work, and it was a good day. He had started a new pastry batter for Asui as she wanted to create more of her creations, but since she's always late she'll waste her time. He doesn't know why he's being so nice, but maybe he just wanted to be nice for once.

   Midoriya was also there, and he was adding finishing touches to a new batch of tartelettes. It one of his first creations, and he's always happy when making them. Adding a few last tiny bits of lime zest, he put them in the fridge, and almost dropped them when he noticed Mr Yagi walk in along with Iida.

   "Ah, Bakugou, Midoriya," he smiled, greeting them. "I would like you two to do customer service today," he said. "I know you are both great at it, but I still want to check over a few things," he added.

   "Oh, okay," nodded Midoriya, blinking a few times, a bit in disbelief.

   "Hah? Fine," shrugged Bakugou, patting the batter he finished, and then going to the sink to wash his hands. "Tell Frog Face I finished the batter for her pastries, so she doesn't have to waste her time, okay? Iida?" he asked, raising an eyebrow as he glanced at Iida.

   "Huh? Yes, okay," he nodded, a bit surprised at Bakugou's use of his name. "I'll tell her as soon as I see her," he promised.

   "Thanks, or whatever," nodded Bakugou, drying his hands, and taking the badge with his name and pinning it onto his white coat. "Deku, what's the time?" he asked.

   "Uh, the shop opens in ten minutes. I'm planning to clean quickly and then open it," said Midoriya, as he opened the door to exit the staff to go behind the till.

   Bakugou followed him, and then checked the shelves, while Midoriya checked any other place to clean.

   They organised the shop for ten minutes, and as the opening hours began, Bakugou unlocked the door and kept the sign facing open for the customers outside. He would leave the door open, but it is a bit cold so he doesn't want to freeze to death while working.

   He set himself behind one of the cash machine, whilst Midoriya did too. 

   They receive any customers for about thirty minutes, but they got a customer just before an hour had passed.

   "Welcome! How can we help you?" asked Midoriya, as she entered the shop. 

   She glanced over at them, then smiled. "I would like to find three small desserts," she said. "My kids are going to be leaving next to week to go with their father, so I would like to treat them before they go for a while," she said.

   Midoriya smiled, then nodded. "Alright! What kinds of desserts do they like? If they like mochi, then we have a bunch here. We take pride in our small desserts like pastries and especially the choux pastries. The tarts and cake slices are also a delight," he smiled.

   "Oh, then... I have a very young son, I believe he would love to have mochi for dessert," she said, pointing at a strawberry mochi. 

   Midoriya took it, and placed it inside a box with their logo on it. 

   "I have another young son, and he has quite a sweet tooth, so maybe this caramel tartelette will make him happy," she chuckled, pointing at the most sugary tartelette they have on display. It was Uraraka's first non-mochi creation.

   Midoriya nodded, and placed one inside the box. 

   "And, my oldest child, my daughter... I think she would enjoy something with choux pastry, so... um..." The woman paused, glancing over the different choices, scanning and looking hesitant.