XI

Days later, Bakugou finds himself smiling as the others banter behind him. Midoriya is trying to include him, but Bakugou refused as he's sure he'll destroy the mood if he tries.

   Instead, he chuckles every so often when Uraraka cracks a joke and makes Asui laughs, along with Iida expressing his confusion which just humoured the group even more.

   It was a busy day, and also a hot day. Midoriya had demanded they leave the kitchen to the till door open otherwise it would be too hot in the kitchen, and Mr Yagi had insisted they turn the air conditioner on full to make sure they don't overheat in their uniforms. It was beginning of May, and it is surprising how much the weather warmed up in just a month and a couple weeks.

   Bakugou worked with more precision than ever, and he smiled at the batch he just finished. They had delicate designs, and the small chocolate structure on them was beautiful. It was one of Asui's creations, and only Bakugou has been able to recreate them recently. They were given a specific taste that would remind anyone of a comfortable rainy day spent dancing in the rain. It was nostalgic to her, and it was beautiful how her specific creations could make anyone reminded of how precious childhood is. 

   "Wow! Bakugou! Those are beautiful," laughed Uraraka, as she had sneaked behind him. 

   He jumped, and elbowed her harshly, surprised. "What the fuck! Don't fucking sneak up on me like that," he growled.

   "Sorry," she grinned. "I wanted to tell you that your phone has been vibrating. You were focused, and it is quite loud today so I barely heard it," she said, handing Bakugou his phone. "I hope she doesn't yell at you," she smiled, almost sympathetically.

   Bakugou took his phone and glanced at the contact calling him. He sighed. "It's just my mom. I've actually been waiting for a call from her," he said, answering it, and excusing himself from the kitchen to stand outside. "Hello?"

   He leaned against the wall, and frowned as he heard no answer.

   "Hel-" he was about to repeat.

   "Katsuki? Are you at work?" asked Masaru after a little bit of yelling could be heard.

   "Yeah? What's happening?" asked Bakugou, looking up at the blue sky.

   Masaru sighed. "Your mother would like to meet with you today. Do you think you could come over?" he asked.

   "Hah?" Bakugou frowned. "Can't you do it over the phone?"

   "We'd rather see you in person," chuckled Masaru, awkwardly. "And-"

   "Katsuki!!" exclaimed Mitsuki, growling into the phone. "You better fucking come over or I'll kick your ass next time I see you," she threatened. "We have important things to discuss, you and us, so you better be here soon."

   "I'm at fucking work!" frowned Bakugou, clicking his tongue. "What is so important that it can't wait for the weekend?" he asked.

   "I'm sure you have been waiting for our response from your performance, no? Is that enough fucking motivation to come over?" she asked, probably gritting her teeth.

   "I- what? Today? Okay- fuck- fine, I'll be there in less than two hours," nodded Bakugou. 

   "Good," sighed Mitsuki. "Oh, before I forget. What kind of fucking tea do you want? Or juice? What will you want to fucking drink, or eat?" she asked.

   Bakugou raised an eyebrow. 'Is that her way to try to be civilised?' he wondered. "Green tea. And for dinner?" he asked.

   "Yes."