°○ One ○°

I yawn waking up to the crying of my infant son Antonio. I rub my pregnant stomach tiredly "Awwe baby, what's wrong?" I coo him as I pick him up carefully. He stops crying pouting. I look around my room. My two year old toddler daughter Laelia sleeping comfortably laying on my lap.

Just then Lorenzo walks into the room carrying seven year old Promise and my five year old son Larimar. "Mama! Dada said we could go out running with him!" Promise giggles.

"Did you both take a bath and brush your teeth?" I ask rocking now asleep Antonio. "Yesss!" Both of them chime happily. "Fine. But stay near your dada the whole time, and don't talk to strangers." I sigh moving Laelia carefully off my lap. Lorenzo walks over to me kissing me gently smiling before walking out of the room.

I lay Antonio in his crib. He squirms whimpering before falling back asleep. I had to get ready before the kids woke up. As soon as Promise and Larimer got back I have to take them to daycare so I can go run some errands.

I enter the bathroom slipping off my clothes. I look at myself in the mirror hugging my six month pregnant belly. I frown as my eyes trail to the bullet scar I have in my chest.

Sometimes when I'm sleeping I still feel the unbearable pain. I can't even walk in the grocery store alone. Online shopping ain't shit either. I sigh walking into my shower.

§

Antonio giggles as Laelia hops around making frog sounds. "Laelia, don't hop off to far baby.." I sigh trying to find my wallet as she hops into the McDonald's playplace. I finally find it and give it to the cashier she smiles. "How old are they?" She ask smiling at Antonio who was squirming to get out of his stroller.

"Laelia the wild child over there is 2, this sissy lover is Antonio." I smile as she passes us our food. "They're so precious-"

"Mama!!!" I hear Laelia shriek. I turn quickly noticing Laelia who was crying dangling from the side of a slide.

People were recording and gasping. I drop the food taking Antonio out of the stroller giving him to the cashier before sprinting to the playslide. "Shit.." I mutter slipping as I try to climb up. "Baby, it's okay mama's here.." I stretch out my arms.

My heart was beating so hard I couldn't think. All I could think was save her. Just then a black man in a bike tracksuit comes foward quickly climbing up the slide effortlessly. He gently picks up my screaming crying toddler climbing back down.

He places Laelia on the ground. She sprinte over to me sobbing I rock her hushing her cries. "Thank you sir" I say trying not to cry. "It's alright.. w-wait, Atarah??"

I look up studying the man's face. "Ian! Oh my god, it's been so long!" I smile giving him a little hug. He hugs me back gently. "You wanna get some coffee and catch up?" He ask smiling.

"Uh, yeah, I got nothing better to do, lemmi go get their food."

Ə

I shake Antonio's bottle watching him crawl around the kitchen. Laelia was watching Frozon II. I pick Antonio up he squirms. I place him in his high chair strapping him in. "Lae baby come eat!" I yell out putting a plate of chicken and rice on Antonio's high chair table.

Laelia gets up skipping over to me. I put her in her chair placing her food on the table. Antonio whines reaching out for his food. "I'm coming papa." I sigh putting a napkin in Leila's shirt so when she ate she wouldn't dirty herself.

I walk over to Antonio taking his baby spoon scooping some rice and chicken. He kicks excitedly. I smile at his behavior feeding him.

Just then the door swings open it was Lorenzo. He was holding Promise and Larimers hand. "Hi babies, how was daycare!" I greet them continuing to feed Antonio. Promise frowns walking over to me hugging me tightly.