✰ Twelve ✰

Read the summary at the bottom for a catch-up

Still a flashback •••

Lorenzo watched television as his grandma hummed a familiar melody as she was cooking. His phone rang loudly interrupted is gaze on the television. He awnsered almost immediately."hello??"

"Lo.."

"Ma??"

"My love... your dad is in the hospital.."

"What! why??"

"He had a heart attack.."

"I'm on my way home right now."

____

They sat in the hospital room in silence. Lorenzo's mother comforting him. " you know my boy your father really did want you to be the mafia leader at first, but your brother was perfect in his eyes. When your brother died your father was destroyed but as a leader of the mafia can't can't show it I'm sad that you weren't there to see Elena and Esteban on their first birthday.. they kept asking about you.. listen I know your father isn't perfect, but he loves you. And you're his heir.. if your father doesn't make it out of this... promise me, promise me that you will take The mafia, promise me."

"I-"

"Promise me."

...

"I promise.."

_____________________________________________

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the chapter, to summarize this all up basically it's just giving insight on a bit of Lorenzo's past and why it may play Into the future. In case no one understood so far Lorenzo and all has three siblings his younger brother who is a year apart from him and his two youngest siblings. Originally he was supposed to be the heir to the mafia, but once his younger brother was born and grew his father saw fit that he was a better Choice. Soooo his brother was deemed the heir. which made Lorenzo resent his father. And as read his brother ended up dying leaving him and Esteban as the only heirs.

Of course Esteban was only a toddler at the time so obviously no. Lorenzo found it pretty amusing that his father was the one begging for him back and resented him for that as well. He didn't wanna be a second choice. Basically in the wake of his fathers death he had to become the Mafia leader knowing nothing about leading them or the principles in the first place. I hope everyone is caught up and is understanding it now. Comment if you'd like me to do summarize my chapters more often. Till next time loves! 💕