^ Fourteen ^

Atarah tiredly rocked Enzo who had a stomach virus. Whenever she put him down he'd scream and cry. She was truly exhausted. It was hard handling six kids on her own. She watched Ezyla sleep peacefully. These mights Ezyla would wake up from nightmares, always about the night Lorenzo put his hands on Atarah. She sighed leaning onto the wall. Her mind couldn't help but drift off to think about him.

She wondered where he was. Why he left. What he was doing. Did he truly forget her and his children.she shook her head sighing. The last thing she should be doing is thinking of him.

But she couldn't help it.

—————————————————————

"Thanks dad." She sighed hanging up. He had taken the kids to school. She was home with sleeping Enzo and eating Ezyla. Enzo had finally let her put him down near this morning. She was so tired. "Mama!  peppa!" Ezyla called out pouting. She quickly switched the tv onto peppa pig not having the energy for a tantrum.

Just then there was a knock at her door. She walked towards the door peeping out to see Kareem. She opens the door wide with a tired smile. "You okay shawty?" Kareem asked concerned. "Yeah, just tired." She waved him off locking her door after he entered. "You need a day to yourself, it ain't healthy how you goin." he sighed attempting to take enzo from her hands, but strangly she somewhat didn't want to let him go to kareem. "Uh, I got him it's okay." she cleared her throat walking back into the living room.

"I'm sorry-"

"No, don't be Kareem.. It's just I can't stop being a mom. It's hard doing it all on my own.

"Let me help-"

"Not to be rude Kareem, but after me and Lorenzo's marrige i've learned not to put my trust in men. I don't need you to help me, I'm fine."

He sighed nodding. "I just want to help out"

"I know and I appreciate you, but I'm fine. I've raised them on my own this long." she smiled as she sat next to Ezyla who was dozing off. Just then her phone blared loudly. She quickly picked it up not wanting to wake up Ezyla or Enzo.

"Atarah speaking." She sighed as she stood up walking towards the bathroom. She had placed Enzo on the couch luckily he didn't cry. "Atarah.. It's-"

"Fernando?!" She covered her mouth in shock. Fernando was Lorenzo's henchmen. "W-what do you want, I-is Lorenzo-"

"No.. Listen I cut past the bull shit. We believe we know where he is... and second we need you to temporarily take Lorenzo's role of Leader."

"What? Why?? Aren't you like the Vice President?? Why me??"

"As his wife-"

"Ex wife."

He sighed over the phone. "Mother of his heirs his role is sacred to you. I can only do so much as a vp. Besides your kids are to young to handle this role-"

"They'll never handle this role." She answered seriously. "Atarah there is much to be done. I have to continue to work on finding Lorenzo we need you."

"I don't see how this concerns me-"

"If the mafia business isn't handled, your kids'll be in more danger than ever before. Not only that but... we believe his disappearance is related to Favor's death..." her heart dropped hearing Favors name. "...." she couldn't get anything out. All she could think about is the memory of lifeless favor in her arms.

"So if you want enemies to haunt you and leave the-"

"Fine. We'll meet later this week to discuss." She hung up not bothering to wait on his response. She had a lot to process.

——————

She sat back in the leather seat her eyes shot over to Fernando who she as giving a report on the goods imports. It had been a good two months. She had adjusted to leading the mafia with ease. Almost as If she were meant to. "Mama I eat eat!" Ezyla pouted looking up from her tablet.

"Okay baby as soon as I'm done with work." She kissed her daughters forehead looking back at Fernando. "Any news on the location of Lorenzo?" She rose a brow toying with a pen. "Not much except we may have a lead..."

She sighed tiredly. "Look into it. Go." She ordered. He nodded scurrying out of the office. It was tiring, not only leading such a dangerous business and lifestyle but also having to raise six children all on her own. She know understood why Lorenzo was so stressed being in the mafia.

She groaned before standing up. "Let's go Zy.." she breathed out. Ezyla sprung up her tablet in one hand holding Atarahs hand with her free one. "We gonna go pick up Zo from pawpaw house and everybody from school?" Ezyla asked curiously. "Yes sweetheart, so you gotta behave for mama, okay?"

"Okay mama!"

Just as they were leaving someone walked past her brushing shoulders with her a small slip of paper falling from their pocket. She bent down picking up freezing in shock as she scanned the photo which was a photo. "L...Lorenzo....."

———

Oop y'all it's getting spiooocyyy!!! Make sure to comment and vote on my book, and also super huge news... THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY NEW BOOK "NARCOTIC" IS OUT !!!!!!! Make sure to go check it out y'all!!! And lastly, I usually don't talk about my following but now I feel it's necessary, if you haven't already PLEASE make sure to not only read my books but follow me.

When you follow me you receive notifications on my books and such but you also have the opportunity to engage with me! So make sure to share and follow! I appreciate the people who take the time to follow comment and read other books of mine! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for the next! Until next time loves 💕