SERIES FINALE pt2- SIXTEEN

Larimer- 11
Promise- 13
Laelia- 8
Antonio- 6
Ezyla-5
Enzo-5
Esteban- 20

Atarah watched as the casket carrying now deceased Lorenzo lowered into the ground. Her children all holding hands. Promise, Larimir, Laelia, and Antonio all crying softy. She was carrying Enzo who after the incident refused to let her go. Ezyla clutched onto her leg worriedly watching her siblings.

Lorenzo's mother cried softly holding onto Elena who silently cried as well. Esteban was at the hospital. He was extremely malnourished and had internal bleeding, so he was forced to stay in the hospital. The funeral was full of some of her church members, Lorenzo's grandmother and his mafia ties.

Her father also attended for support.

Lorenzo was dead. That day she lose a peice of herself as he was buried. Even though their bumpy relationship.. she still loved him. She wanted to be strong. She wanted to, but she just couldn't hold herself anymore. She sobbed. All eyes were on her as her cries got louder. Lorenzo's mother, Elena. Fernando, and all her children came over to her comforting her.

Her cries muffled into the shirt of his mother, her father taking crying Enzo from her arms. "It's okay now.. hush now.." she said as she rubbed her back reassuringly soothing her cries.

After the incident the police arrived. It turns off Kareem was alive. He was on the verge of death, but unfortunately he survived. He was arrested and was sentenced to life in solitary confinement.

———

Atarah laughed as - year old Laelia scolded Ezyla who hid behind Promise who tried to reason between the two. Ezyla was a character, she was a diva for sure. Promise was very kindhearted and understanding. Laramir was talking with Elena and Esteban. Larimir was now very intellectual. He was currently top of his class. Esteban was doing completely better. He had gained lost weight back and was adapting slowly but surely. Still he was only really comfortable with family.

Antonio was stuffing his face with empanadas while her Isabelle (Lorenzo's mother) dished him another plate. Her father was outside grilling his famous steak and sausages. Lorenzo's grandmother sat quietly watching television. She was never the same after Lorenzo died. She didn't speak as often and almost never interacted with anyone other than Enzo, Isabelle, and her.

Antonio was as wild as ever. Five year old Enzo sat by her side his head laid in her lap as she ran her hand through his hair massaging his head. Enzo was clingy as he was when he was younger. He didn't like being to far from his family and panicked when he was. He almost never left Atarahs side. And when he did he would always return as fast as he could. She worried for Enzo though. He didn't like interacting with anyone but family and didn't talk to anyone except his siblings and her. Not to mention his night terrors. She knew they were almost always about the day Lorenzo died.

Out of all the kids Enzo resembled Lorenzo the most. His green eyes holding flakes of brown. His  luscious curly brown hair, his pink plump lips. If not for his light skin he'd almost be an exact replica. She bent down and kissed his forehead. She was happy and content. "Gather round everyone.." she announced everyone's attention turned to her. "I have a something I prepared for today." She began clearing her throat.

"Hey Lorenzo... It's been three years since you passed.. We miss you a lot, but we know you're watching us from above. Larimar skipppec a grade this year, I know you'dbe proud.. Ezyla is as sassy as ever, We both know who's side she got it from.. promise is finding a real liking in baking. I have a feeling that you'd like her sweets though you don't have a sweet tooth. Antonio's gotten really good at soccer. Some recruits are trying to get him in a club. Laelia is feisty and very responsible, she's so grown already.. Enzo looks just like you.. he's a mini you.. he's very helpful and intelligent.. other than that he's our big baby.. I know you're watching from heaven.. I Know your more than proud.. I love you forever Lorenzo. We all do.."

Everyone bumps their cups together taking a toast to Lorenzo. "Happy anniversary.." Atarah whispered looking up at the sky.

———-

"And what happened to the shipments?" Atarah asked Fernando as sleeping Enzo wrapped his self tighter around her. "Smooth transition boss." Fernando answered immediately. Atarah sighed leaning back. Just then Isabelle walked in with a smile. She smiled back. Isabelle kisses Enzo's cheek then leans over to kiss hers. "Morning mafias baby girl."

————

Aaaaaaaaaaah it's finally oveeeeeerrrr. This books journey has been so emotional and so enjoyable although at times I was very tired and didn't know where to go on in the story. I'm so glad that we have made it this far I'm so happy for the people who truly support my endeavors and enjoyed this book. Sadly there will be no sequel, this is the last of the series for the time being. I hope this chapter bring you all the closure and enjoyment that it did to me.

Although this is the last of this book for this Series until further notice, this is not my only book. I have a various amounts of other books! Right now I would appreciate for you to go read them! I would recommend NARCOTICS, So go ahead and check it out, I think you guys would really like it. Also make sure to be on the lookout for my Patreon more info will be released later. As always make sure to vote comment and share (It's weird not being able to stay until next time loves).. until the next journey loves💕