¤ฯ Nine ฯ¤

θ

It had been a year since ive last spoken to or seen lorenzo. His mom and sister disappeared as well. Im currently living in a two bedroom apartment with my kids. I work at a bigtime salon, it beings a steady cash flow home. Ive been giving my dad another chance, i let him re-enter my life and enter my kids life. Everyone deserves a second chance and hes changed by the looks of it.

Ezyla chases after Antonio who was holding her barbie captive. "Ant, leave zyla barbies alone!" i semi yell. He giggles ignoring me running around the kitchen.

"Mama, look promise did my hair!" laelia skips up to me showing off the three messy braids promise did. "Its very pretty, now go get mar and Zo im gonna take you guys to the park to go have a picnic and play." i sigh putting the food i made in the picnic basket. Laelia hums skipping to the bedroom.

Enzo runs from out the bedroom crying. "Mama Lae hit mee!" he cries clinging on my legs. I pick him up patting his back comfertingly. It was always like this, choas. Theres only so such a single mom can do. "Lae cmere!" i yell wiping Enzo's tears and snot.

She stomps in frowning. "Mama he broke my toy!" she pulls out her broken pink toy car. "We dont hit. Say sorry then go ask promise to undo the braids so we can go." I  scold her as enzo nuzzles into my chest. Enzo was a mamas baby, he loved to cry about everything. Drama king.

"Im Sorry Enzo." she sighs walking away. "Enzo when she comes back you say sorry too. I told you dont touch your sisters toys." i say to him gently. He nods sucking on his thumb. It was a bad habit he had.

"Okay little ones Cmooon!" i yell picking up the picnic basket with my free hand. All the kids rush out each holding a ball or toy of somesort. "Sorry lae.." enzo says to laelia whose fro was out wild. "Its okay.." she smiles.

"Alright everyone to the car." i open the door. They all run to the car getting in. My phone blares loudly i place enzo down locking the door picking up my phone seeing kameers face flash across my screen.

"What you want pickle head?" i smile teasing him. He pouts at me through the phone. "Damn cant i just call my favorite person on the planet. I roll my eyes opening the car for enzo.

"Well your favorite person is busy, olives gonna meet up with us at the park." i sigh placing the picnic basket in the trunk. "Awee i thought it was just gonna be us, a date." he pouts playfully. "Kareem ill hang up." i threaten him smiling. "Fiine, oh by the way what type of soda should i bring again?"

"Canada dry or sprite. Now bye i gotta drive." I shut the trunk walking up to the drivers seat. "Bye nugget." he hangs up before i could rebuttle. Idiot. . i laugh to myself starting the car. "Seatbelts!"

                             μ

Enzo giggles watching Larimar chase his siblings up the hill. They were playing tag. "Enzo, you wanna go play?" I ask him running my hand through his hair. He shakes his head cuddling onto my lap. I kiss his forehead watching promise now try and tag them all. Ezyla was stuffing her face with the soft cookies I baked. Enzo springs up squealing "Kaweeeeem!!" Enzo giggles sprinting over to kareem.

I smile as kareem uses his free  to pick Enzo up. Enzo loved Kareem, once Lorenzo left He grew more attached to Kareem. Im pretty sure he sees him as his dad. Ezyla as well. "Alright come line up monkeys, sodas here!" I yell to the kids.

They all run up the hill excitedly making their way to me. "Mama lae keep pulling my hair! I keep telling her to stop." Larimar glares at his mischievous little sister. "Lae if you act up one more time today no soda and when we get home timeout." I warn her sternly. She huffs angrily.

3..

2..

1..

"WHAAAAAAA IM SORRYYYY!!" laelia bust out crying. I pull her into a hug hushing her cries while her siblings all recieved cups of soda or juice. "Its okay lae, but stop being mean to your brothers. They love you very much and it hurts when your mean." I wipe her tears as she nuzzles into my chest. "Okay mama.." she sniffs wiping her eyes. I kiss her cheek "now go get some soda." I let her stand up.

She gets her drink and walks over to Larimar. "Sorry mar.." she frowns. Larimar smiles hugging her "its ok Lae."

                              ¤

The kids were all fast asleep on the beds. I groan plopping on the couch next to Kareem. "I dont know how you deal with all of them. It was hard just getting Ezyla to sleep." kareem sighs.

"Reward and punishment system. Extremely effective." I sigh flipping on the TV. "So the kids are going to your pops place tomorrow right?" kareem ask staring at her. "Yes, thank god."

"Well.. Let me take you out."

"Kareem-"

"No Lajaeu. Lemmi treat you. Your so overworked.. Let ya beastie spoil you."

I sigh giving him a playful smile. "Under three conditions."

"Mhmm?"

"1. This aint no date, 2. Your paying, 3. Food every half an hour."

Kareem chuckles smirking. "Deal pretty mama." I smile rolling my eyes.

Its been a long while!!  I missed yallllll!!! With everything going on i just got caught up. Now that things are smoother for me ill update better.

PSA SPREAD THE MESSAGE
Its important you use your platform and social media to spread and implement the BLACK LIVES MATTER movement. As a black woman in America I feel a heavy need to speak on this and support to the fullest extent. Lets move together and spread this message.

Until next time loves 💕