ł Two ł

I wipe my tears sniffing. It had been a week since Lorenzo and i had that big fight. Since then we barely spoke an d he was almost never home. It hurt. It hurt not seeing him. It hurt telling my kids I don't know when daddies coming home.

Antonio giggles watching Promise and Laelia play princess. Larimer was sitting on the kitchen island watching me make their lunch. "Mama?" He squeaks out. "Yes baby?" I awnser turning to him.

"I miss daddy.." He frowns. I frown taking a deep breath. "I know baby, but daddy had a Lot of work, it might seem like forever but he'll be home baby.." I drop what I was doing and walk over to Larimer picking him up.

He nuzzles into my neck sniffing. I hold back my emotions holding my son tightly.

                                 ¥

It had been two months. Lorenzo and I had drifted apart. And it hurt. He was barely home, and when he was he was never home for long. He had been cheating on me. I went through his phone and when I saw the proof I felt as if someone ripped out my heart.

It was only I and Antonio at home. Promise, Larimer, and Laelia were at the new daycare I enrolled them in. Antonio was on his tablet. His birthday was in a few days, I had been planning his birthday party.

Just then the door swings open. It was Lorenzo, he looked beat up. His hard eyes rest on me getting gentle. "They're at school.." I say blowing another one of Antonio's birthday balloons.

"I-I know.."

"Then why the hell are you here?" I ask sighing.

"You Atarah..."

"Lorenzo-"

"Just listen.. Frankie was a childhood friend.. I just assumed that she would never act how she did.. I never cheated with her, I just.. niave.. after we had that argument, I felt lost, I hated myself.. I went out late drinking.. I slept with other women.. but no matter who I slept with other how many, they were nothing to compared to you, and I don't mean in, I mean everything. I-I love everything about you Atarah.."

I stand up taking a deep breath. "You hurt me, you promised you wouldn't, but you did.. I need time.. You need to earn my trust, and your kids respect." I say before continuing to work on Antonio's party.

                                  Ü

It was Antonio's birthday. I walk around making sure the bouncy house and the water slide was in place. Antonio stands up wobbling over to me. I smile picking him up. Promise speeds past me Larimer, Laelia, and other kids follow fast. "Slow down!" I smile.

I adjust Antonio's birthday crown. The party was full of little kids, some of the kids classmates, Lorenzo's family, and old church members. Antonio squirms out my arms running to the bouncy castle. I giggle walking into the house to get some water.

"Atarah.." I turn to see Lorenzo with a big gift in his arms. I clear my throat "Antonio and the rest are outside, you can leave the gift here.." I turn to walk away. "Can you stop treating me like this?? I-I can't stand it when we're fighting.." He sighs.

"Well who's fault is that..." I mummer annoyed. "Hey Atarah, Promise is looking for you.." Ian says walking in carrying Laelia. "Alright I'm coming.." I sigh. He nods walking off.

"Listen Lo, I just need some time, o-okay? I love you, I always will, but we can't ignore the fact that you hurt me.." I sigh walking outside.

Promise skips over to me licking on a lollipop. "Mama, is dada here yet?!" She ask smiling. I nod smiling down at her. "He's in the house, don't run though baby." I say fixing her hair. She nods skipping to the house.

I sigh. I was exactly sure what to think anymore. I hated fighting with Lorenzo, but how else should I act. I just needed space..

Lorenzo's p. o. v

I sigh frustrated running my hand through my hair. I couldn't just leave her.. If I stay with Atarah they'll go after her and our kids. How was I supposed to know Frankie was part of the cartel.

If my dad was alive he'd know exactly what to do... He kept us safe while being an amazing mafia leader.

Flashback

I smile as my dad orders people on the phone. "Call me after your done." He ends his call sighing. "Papa!" I smile jumping on his lap. He smiles chuckling.

"Papa, when I'm leader of the mafia I'll be great, and take out all the bad guys!" I exclaim using making my hand as a fake gun.

"No Renzo, when you take my place you should never try to be great.. you have to be better, it doesn't matter about the bad guys, it matters about protecting what you love..." He smiles.

"How do I do that papa?" I ask furrowing my brows. "Well Renzo, that's up to you, I can't tell you how, I can only advise you.."

"Papa, when I get big, I'll protect you and mommy.."

End

How am I supposed to protect my family? I sigh pinching the bridge of my nose. "Dada!!" I turn to see Laelia and promise run towards me giggling. I smile picking them both up. "Hello my princesses.." I chuckle smiling.

"Dada, when are you going to come home? Mama misses you.." Promise ask frowning. "I'll come home soon baby I promise.. I just need need to do something for work, wait for dada okay?" I smile they nod smiling.

"Anto!" Laelia point at Antonio who was waddling around with his birthday crown. I smile as he squeals noticing me. He waddles over to me giggling I put the girls downand scoop him up.

"Hello birthday boy.."

Atarah p.o.v

I sigh rubbing my stomach tiredly. Antonio waddles over to me clutching onto the end of my dress. I pick him up smiling. "You ready to cut the cake bubba?" I ask kissing his cheek. He nods smiling.

The mc calls everyone's attention as we approach the cake. Everyone sings happy birthday loudly, then I help him cut the cake and blow out his candles.

                                    ♤

Today had been a tiring day. Me being 8 months, it's too much work to clean up the whole party, so tomorrow some cleaners are coming in. Antonio was playing with his remote control car Elena got him for his birthday.

"Can I come in?" I look up at Lorenzo tiredly.

"Sure.."

*
Hey lovelies 💞

Now I know shits not really poppin right now, but trust shits finna pop off, and you gon wish you could go back in time.

Thass all fo nowww, until next time babees💞💞💞