XIV

"How much longer are we gonna keep doing this, Shane?" I sighed and grabbed his cigarette, throwing it onto the floor. I stubbed it out with the sole of my heel, left another dark mark on the concrete and cursed myself for allowing him to pick up such a bad habit. We were stood in a stairwell towards the quieter side of Sanctuary.

"Until I get sick of you...or until I get my face melted off" He planted his hands on his hips, dropped his head then lifted it back up slightly wrinkling his forehead.

"How long has it even been since we got here?"

"Has to be at least ten years..." In the time we'd been here we'd solidified our place as 'Saviours'. Shane was the go-to man when Negan hollered and gained a ruthless reputation. Of course, Negan loved to remind him he had him wrapped around his finger using the fact he saved his life. I'd become somewhat of a shadow. When the big bad wolf was here to rule the roost I had to be firmly attached to his side and when he wasn't I went around picking up the pieces. He demanded respect from his people but Shane and I had earned it.

I cast my eyes down to his chest and couldn't help but notice the giant skull spread across his shirt. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and I could see various scars from his adventures through the years.

"Nice shirt...where'd you get it?"

"Arat found it for me."

"Oh...Arat. How are you two doing?" I asked spitefully. After being here for a few years I'd found out the harsh way they were involved with each other. Negan had made some passing comment without much thought and I had to pretend I didn't care.

"Don't act like that."

"Like what" I crossed my arms and hung my head.

"Like that."

"I'm allowed to be jealous Shane"

"Oh, and I'm not? You always kick up a fuss whenever I ask about your husband " He said putting heavy emphasis on the title. Our voices were now raised and we were shouting into each other's faces which were growing red with anger.

"You know it's not the same. I sacrificed my freedom for you because I couldn't bear to be alive without you. I never get to leave sanctuary...ever, but the worlds still there for you to see!"

"Don't act like the victim Pricilla! You love prancing around as Queen Bee with Negan wrapped around your finger and I can't ignore how you've grown to love him."

"I love YOU, Shane, Not him!"

"NO! You love him...and it's killing me" That put an abrupt stop to our argument. Tears had gathered in my eyes and I had to look away or else they'd spill. Sure, I had got close to Negan over the years but what went on between us was me surviving. We were both following orders, Shane's just happened to come in the form of killing people.

"Pricilla?" I heard a quiet voice say from behind me. I turned around to see another one of the wives, Amber, stood with a worried look. "Negan's back, he's looking for you"

I heard Shane scoff and stomp back down the stairs towards the main hall. I wiped away the tears and cleared my throat heading over to Amber. I'd slipped into a motherly role for her over the years and I traced it to my longing to have my little boy back.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Darlin, don't worry about silly old me"

- - -

I didn't even bother to knock on the door anymore walking into his lair. He still had his leather jacket on as he was leant back in his chair and Lucille was lying on top of his desk.