XXVII

To cut a long story short, Negan cut Simon's time on earth short. A few saviours had become corrupt with the idea they could kill Negan, assign Simon as the new leader and exterminate Hilltop. Dwight had originally joined them but when he realised Negan was the lesser evil, he soon exposed the man's plan.

The 'traitor' was now chained up to the fence for everyone loading trucks for tomorrows ambush to see. Gregory's disappearing act no doubt meant that the attack was known of by the opposing side, however, Negan had an ace up his sleeve. He figured out himself that Dwight was yet another traitor but what he didn't know was that Eugene had provided faulty bullets. I thought his faith rested in Negan but when I heard his drunken ramblings I decided to keep that info to myself.

I had been relaxing before the storm of violence set in when I caught sight of Negan conversing with someone through a walkie-talkie. I got up from my spot and walked over to the man growing with frustration. He was high up on the stairs when he dropped the device after saying 'No more talk'.

"Who was it?"

"The Last Samurai" He joked while he lifted his foot to smash the walkie-talkie. I quickly snatched it up off the ground and he frowned obviously disapproving what I was trying to do.

"Five minutes. I won't say anything about tomorrow...I promise" I smiled. He soon agreed and walked off to see what his men were doing.

"Michonne? Are you there, It's Pricilla." silence followed for a few seconds before I heard a reply.

"Is Negan with you?"

"No, I'm alone. How's Rick after..."

"He's dealing with it...Shane told us about what happened. I'm sorry...but uh Carl wrote a letter for you and Negan before he died. He wanted you to hear this."

I remember when Mom finally let me leave my room back at the farm. I played with Caleb all day and he, sure enough, became my best friend. I promised my mom to always do what's right and that's what saved me so many times, but when I couldn't save myself Caleb did. He said you wanted him to be strong and brave in this world, not to be scared of it. I can't thank you enough for that.

That last night on the farm was different. You and Uncle Shane lost your way but you found your way back. He told me about how much you loved each other and that's what drove you both to survive. That love is how you found your way back to us, back to Caleb, but now you're torn apart again. All three of you lost your way when you lost sight of love and Caleb's never going to get that chance to find his way back to the track, but you can.

Make peace with Negan so you can never be blinded again. Find your Family. Be the sister, aunt, friend and fiancee you were meant to be before the world ended.

I love you

- Carl

- - -

It was the morning of the ambush and I woke up with a splitting headache and a serious case of nausea. I must have caused that much of a ruckus charging into the bathroom that I woke up Negan from his deep slumber on the couch. He waltzed into the doorway as I lifted my face out the toilet bowl and gave a light-hearted laugh.

"Jeez, you look like shit. I think you should sit today out"

"No I want to-" My sentence was interrupted by my own vomiting. 

"we're leaving in about an hour if the clock on the wall ain't slow.  Why don't you hang back and if you feel any better you can join us for a victory lap"

"Fine" I agreed. However, I knew Negan near enough had no chance at winning today due to Eugene's little plan so I'd wait until they left and witness the end of it all. If Carl's letter to Rick echoed the message about Negan that mine did, a bloodbath wouldn't ensue and Shane should be there unscathed for me to reunite with.