XXI

Time had passed and the people of Alexandria started to recover from shock the best way they could. They trooped on through a hard time and stuck a band-aid onto the open wound. Our small affair of a wedding had to be delayed due to Father Gabriel going awol and when Rick had discovered the Scavengers, a more important deal took priority. They offered an alliance if we provided guns and since we were low on that currency Rick, Michonne and Shane were about to head out. Much to my dismay, I was being left behind at home...again.

"I feel useless! I don't get why you won't let me come with you" I complained whilst following after Shane preparing for the run.

"Well you might be a bit more helpful if you let me pack my fucking bag Pricilla," he finally snapped "Or maybe you could go around the house switching all the lights off that you've left on. That'll really help the community's power reserves." 

"Haha very funny.  I'm going to ask one more time, why can't I go-"

"Because I said so" he shouted throwing the bag over his shoulder and heading towards the door.

"You're acting just like Negan" His steps stopped and he froze up "You just want me to sit here all pretty so you have something to go home to. You're suffocating me" His head tilted to the side so he could glance over his shoulder at me.  He didn't speak a word, he only harshly huffed in response and walked outside slamming the door shut.

Determined not to contribute nothing I chucked on the clothes I originally stole from Sanctuary and walked outside to find out how I could help. The gun scouting squad had left and there was nothing holding me back from going out there either. As I approached the gate a Hispanic looking lady was preparing to leave so I ran up to her.

"Hey! Do you need someone to watch your back out there?" She turned around noticing my presence and I immediately recognised her as the gunman who tried to kill Negan on his previous visit.

"I'm fine by mys- wait...you're Maggie's sister right?"

"That's me, Pricilla Greene. Nice to meet you" I gave her a friendly hug and she seemed to actually consider my offer.

"I'm Rosita, and if what I saw was right, you've got history with Negan" she checked no one was in earshot before leaning in closer to speak "I'd appreciate it if you could show me where Sanctuary was" I pulled back and stared at her with a sceptical look.

"Why?"

"I'll explain later. But you haven't been to Hilltop yet have you?" I shook my head "Well you help me then I'll take you to go see Maggie"

- - -

"Pricilla? Is that you" The wooden gates to the hilltop creaked open and I smiled brightly at my little sister running up to greet me. I ran and met her halfway and she practically tackled me in a hug...but then the affection dimmed and the sibling violence kicked in when she shoved my shoulder.

"Why didn't come visit me sooner? I've been dying to see you since Rick broke the news you and Shane were alive."

"Oh you know, just been sorting out my problematic family as per usual" I laughed awkwardly immediately realising I probably should never mention I was with Negan in a more than friendly way. 

"I see nothing's changes then" she had a playful look on her face but it soon dropped into tears and I pulled her back into a hug, stroking the back of her head. "It's just been so hard Cilla, with Dad and Beth and now...G...Glenn"

"Shhh I know"

"And that monster took Caleb" 

"That's actually why I'm back, I heard he was alive and happen to run into y'all. I'm only passing through here though. I've got to head to Sanctuary"

"What? You cant leave already. You'll be killed going there!"

"Trust me, I'll be fine. I've come back to you after all this time and i can do it again"

With a moment to ourselves, she told me the story of how she and Glenn had grown close as survivors over the years and how she understood all the feelings I told her about with Shane. I was even more overjoyed when she mentioned she was pregnant and after all these years of them being the aunties, I was going to be one.

- - -

"Pricilla can you get us any closer without being seen?"  Both Rosita and Sasha, who tagged along for the ride, had an attempt at trying to shoot Negan from range but neither could get a clean shot. They had one attempt and that was it. I suggested we head round to the motorcycle yard due to the guards round there notoriously being lazy however there were three people inside stood by the fence looking at a stray walker.

Rosita had no problem shooting it and had no problem shooting down the guard with the same bullet. When we approached I was relieved to see the remaining people were Caleb and the man who let me in through the gates the day I arrived. They were crouched on the floor but only Caleb stood when he realised who we were.

"Mom?" He questioned while Eugene continued to panic. Rosita pushed herself up against the fence and was trying to speak to him.

"Eugene get up, we're breaking you out" she commanded but he lowered his hands still trembling in his spot.

"He's not leaving. And I'm not either" Caleb stated causing all three of us on the opposite side of the fence to react in confusion. I knew Caleb would probably want to remain but Eugene surprised me.

"I didn't ask you to come, so go." he trembled and started to climb to his feet. Rosita slammed a fist into the metal fencing and continued to squabble with him whilst Caleb approach me.

"I'm not angry at you anymore"

"You're not?"

"No, in not. I understand why you stayed here and never come looking for me."

"Well, why won't you come back?"

"Because I get treated like a king. If you could forget about your family while you were here, then so can I" He sent a final glare my way before putting a firm hand on Eugene's shoulder and pushing him inside the building. Rosita quickly sprung into action removing all the chain links so we could get inside, however, a few walkers approached and Sasha offered to take over. I smashed a few of them over the head with my bat and Rosita cleared the remainders with a knife. But when we turned back around Sasha had locked herself on the other side.

"Go, It's not your time" She ran off into the walls of Sanctuary while my companion shook the fence in frustration.

- - - 

"Where the hell have you been!" Rosita and I were bombarded with questions when we returned to Alexandria but the angriest ones seemed to be coming from Shane. He gently grabbed my jaw, turning my face side to side checking for injuries and then proceeded to do the same with my arms.

"Doesn't matter"

"I told you about this before-"

"Well your scolding didn't work then did it"

He went to reply but Daryl's anger directed at the approaching man behind me stole his attention. In an unexpected turn, Dwight had decided to betray Negan and offer Alexandria inside help. He said that I and Shane could only contribute so much before our intel was outdated and ineffective but he could orchestrate more damage from within.

They'd locked him in the cellar below the main building to try and protect us from any attacks but really it was for his safety. Daryl almost tore his throat out.

"How can we trust you?" Rick questioned standing at the front of the group.

"Well if you could trust them," He said nodding towards Shane and me. Rick turned back to look at us making the connection that we were once just as involved with Negan.

"Okay." He pulled out his revolver "Get on your knees"