10~ Mission complete

A/N: The last chapter of the mission. I know Yue didn't do a lot or anything. But I did introduce you to some new characters but the Chunin Exams are up next so maybe Yue will kick ass.

Yue's hand tightens around her shirt just on top where her heart is. Naruto. Sasuke. Please be alright. Yue knew that protecting the bridge builder is an important task, but she wanted to help Naruto and Sasuke. At this moment, Yue has to put her trust in her teammates and know that they will be able to overcome this.

"Sensai, no!" Yue turns her head to see Zabuza's kunai's stab Kakashi's hand that was lifting his headband over his sharingan that he was unmasking.

"let your opponent see your jutsu too many times and he'll find a way to use it against you." Zabuza laughs.

"Count yourself lucky. You're the only man alive who has seen it twice. There won't be a third." Kakashi counters back unwavering. The fog grows thick as Zabuza signs the Hidden mist jutus and disappears.

"Sakura, Yue stay with Tazuna." At Kakashi's order, Sakura runs to rejoin Yue in protecting the bridge builder. Yue wanted to tell Sakura how reckless she had been but decided to save it for later.

"Follow our lead Mr. Tazuna and stay close to us."

"No matter what happens we will protect you." Yue adds.

"All right. I'll stay right behind the both of ya." For some reason no matter how, hard Yue tried to focus on the fog she couldn't turn it into ice. She had never countered someone else's jutus to use against them, but it shouldn't be heard to do. Was it the nerves or something else? During her training with Kakashi she had been able to successfully use her ice style against him, but why not now? Why couldn't she protect her sensai?

With Sakura in front of the bridge builder to protect him, Yue took the back side to protect him. Yue became on full alert when she saw Zabuza appear in front of her, but he kept his distance. As if trigging a fight or flight reflex, Yue forms ice around her fingertips, but only discharges one to fly towards Zabuza. He disappears in a flash causing the ice needle to keep flying through the air.

Sakura and Tazuna who felt his presence looks back quickly, but he is no longer there. "Be on your guard Sakura." Yue warns.

"Okay." It all happened so quick. Yue could sense him she looked in every direction. Kakashi jumps right in front of Yue with his gazed turn upwards. Following his head, Yue looks up to see Zabuza who comes crashing down from the sky with his sword raised. It cuts Kakashi's on the chest. Sakura lets out an ear-piercing scream while Yue stares wide eyed between the sword and Kakashi.

"you were late Kakashi. You let your concern for those little puck's safety cloud your mind. Your eyes are sharp but not harp enough to read my moves. Zabuza laughs seeing he has the upper hand and knows Kakashi's weakness. The fog grows thicker, hiding Zabuza as his laugh grows louder before hit grows faint.

"he said Sasuke will die." Yue looks over at Sakura seeing her look in the direction of the ice mirrors.

"Sakura. Sasuke and Naruto will be just fine. It's been a while since they have been in there, so don't believe Zabuza." Yue gives a slight smile as she too tried to hold onto hope that the two boys will be fine.

"I can't lose Sasuke. Naruto either."

"Exactly." Kakashi says causing both the girls to gasp. "I believe in their abilities. I have faith in them." The fog becomes thinner allowing Zabuza to be seen. "Sakura, Yue stay with Tazuna."

"Got it."

!Flashback Over!

"So how did it end?" Yume asks as she sits up in Yue's bed. Yue wasn't surprised to see Yume in her bed.

"Well the boy, Haku he died."

"What!" Yue quickly shushed the little girl. She was supposed to be asleep, if her mother knew she was up they would both be in trouble.

"He died protecting his friend that was precious to him and Zabuza also died protecting Haku who was precious to him."

"No. that's a terrible ending. Why do they have to die?" Tears brim in Yume's eyes, but Yue wipes them before they fall.

"Sorry Yume, but not everyone's ending is cheerful, but they died happily knowing how precious they were to each other.

"Am I precious to you big sister?" Yue nods giving the little girl a smile.

"Even though you are annoying you are precious to me."

!Flashback!

Through the thickness of the fog, Yue could see something blue take form. "I wonder what is happening?" Yue says trying to see through the fog just as it begins to thin out.

"At last, I think this blasted fog is lifting." Tazuna says from behind Sakura and Yue.

"it looks like they are squaring off. Which one of them is Kakashi sensei?"

"Look one of them is moving!" Yue points out. They couldn't make a move as they didn't know if it was Kakashi who is moving or not. The fog disperses allowing for the three to see what was happening.

Kakashi with his hand enclosed in blue electricity went right through Haku.

"Did...did Haku sacrifice himself?" Yue looks at the unexpected turnout. What happened?

In the end Haku had sacrificed himself for Zabuza, but it seemed almost he didn't care as he drew his sword to attack Kakashi, but he would have to hit Haku to do so. Kakashi jumps out of the way taking Haku with him before Zabuza could strike.

But, Zabuza did feel for the boy even though he didn't show it until the end. His dying wish was to die next to Haku.