Chapter 8

"Taehyung?!"

Taehyung immediately stopped crying and looked up, his breaths slowing down.

"J-Jimin."

Jimin suddenly crouched down to face him, the blonde backing away further despite the wall directly behind him.

"Oh dear, you're so shaken up. Uh, listen, whatever happened, I'm here for you. I won't even ask, so, for now, just try to calm yourself?"

Jimin ran a hand through his red hair and sat down next to him, rubbing his back and pulling him closer towards him.

Instinctively, Taehyung wrapped his arms around the redhead's neck and wet the other's shirt by pressing his head into his chest, continuing to cry.

"Uhh, okay then? Take all the time you need." Jimin pulled the boy onto his lap so he could be more comfortable.
Mumbling a small, muffled 'thank you', the blonde tried to calm down.

About five minutes later, Taehyung had finally calmed down and removed his arms from Jimin's neck,
wiping his sleeve over his face.
"S-Sorry about that. I guess I just kind of... f-freaked out?"

"No, it's okay. Let's go now, I think your friend's worried about you."
Jimin removed Taehyung from his lap and stood up, reaching out his hand for him to take.

After getting pulled up by the redhead, he just let the other guide him since his legs felt extremely numb and wobbly from his sitting position just before.

They walked up for about two flights of stairs, as soon as they arrived, Taehyung saw an approaching figure and his heart started beating painfully.

"Tae, where have you been? You've been gone for ages, I've searched you everywhere!," Jungkook asked worriedly, a concerned look on his face that made the blonde melt internally.

"He was in the bathroom, you should check on him by the way, he seems really vulnerab-"
"I-It's fine Jimin. Sorry for being away for so l-long, Kook," Taehyung interrupted the boy next to him.

"Thanks for finding him, Jimin. Woah, what happened to your shirt?"
Taehyung's eyes widened. While crying his eyes out on Jimin's lap, he had created many wet patches on his shirt without noticing.

"Oh, that. When I found Taehyung in the bathroom, he was crying a lot so I sat him on my lap so he could calm and he kind of hugged me and used my shirt as a tiss-," Jimin rambled until the blonde interrupted him: "That's enough now, Jimin."
"Right. So, I think my girlfriend needs me. See ya." And with that, he was gone.

Oh my god, this is so embarrassing! I can't believe I cried so much, now Jungkook will be worried about me and I don't want him to be worried! Also, he's gonna be curious and I am not in a situation where I can tell him!

Jungkook stopped his sudden ramble of thoughts by sighing deeply.
Neither of them made eye contact.
"What happened? Are you okay?"

"Y-Yes, I a-"
"Bullshit, I know you're not. Now tell me the truth: Why did you cry?"
Now Jungkook was finally looking at him, intensively. Taehyung was officially speechless and his insides were starting to feel like jelly again.

What was he supposed to say? 'Two guys of the football team indirectly told me my whole existense was disgusting and it just suddenly hit me in the feels? I'm scared of what's going to happen if they find out about my sexuality? And besides, I have the biggest, fattest crush on you and they unintentionally hinted it? I'm also scared of anyone finding out, including you, so I just panicked and started crying?'

Exactly. He couldn't.

So he spontaniously tried the lamest excuse he could think of.

"Uhh... I-I got a C in Biology?"

Jungkook sighed again, running a hand through his already messy hair, Taehyung blushing at the sight.

"That's a lie and you know it. C'mon, you can tell me, what happened?"

"N-No, it's the truth. You know how freaked my parents get when I get a bad gr--"

"Taehyung, I saw your exam. You had an A minus." Jungkook cocked a brow.
Fuuuuck.

"W-Whatever. Sorry, I need to go somewhere?" Taehyung turned around, planning to run away but felt Jungkook's hand grab his wrist to prevent him from leaving.
Jesus, just kill me already.

When Taehyung met Jungkook's intensive, dark gaze, he could immediately feel chills run up his spine. Despite his emotions being all over the place, his insides still went crazy.
He couldn't tell Jungkook anything and as much as it hurt him, he needed to get away right now.

"No, you're not going anywhere. You're telling me what happened, right now--"
And that's where he snapped.

"No, I'm not! Can't you see that I'm extremely fucked up right now?!
Please don't force me, I don't wanna talk about it.
Just... forget about this! And if you truly care about me, a-as my best friend, you should accept the fact that I don't want to talk about it!"

Jungkook looked shocked. Taehyung never snapped at anyone like this, but bottling up all the emotions inside of him had led him to one big outburst.
An outburst that was directed at Jungkook and because of Jungkook aswell.

Immediately after, Taehyung regretted his outburst. If he only had a better excuse! Now, Jungkook knew that he was going through something and the last thing he wanted was for him to worry and be curious about his so-called 'secret'.

Why did everything in his life have to be so fucked up?

He did the only thing he could think of.

Escape.

"I'm sorry, I'm going home. Please tell Mrs. Choi I have a stomach ache or something."

And while he was rushing out of school, Jungkook slowly came to his senses and realized there was something going on with his best friend.

Just, what could it be?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: I have no idea if anything in this chapter made sense but here ya goo, also I'm currently writing another taekook book and I'm loving it so far, it's in my drafts right now and maybe I'll publish it when I have published a certain amount of chapters on this one?

Anyways, thank you for reading and see you next time💜)