Chapter 10

Dear diary,

I just noticed that I've always talked to you about my crush on Jungkook without actually describing him.
So, to change that, let me tell you something about him:

Jungkook is probably the definition of perfection. He's so humble, funny, cute, adorable, talented, handsome and charming at the same time!

He's literally good at everything he does: all kinds of sports, singing, dancing, drawing, acting... you name it.

Not only that, but he's also the sweetest and most polite person on the planet, he takes so good care of everyone.

I find myself swooning over him more and more, day by day.

Having a crush on him is kind of a blessing and also a curse at the same time.
Like, sometimes I just look at him and just feel euphoric, butterflies in my stomach and all that. And since I'm his best friend, at least I get to have many interactions with him.

But at the same time, I feel so restless and anxious, scared even. And I feel this stinging sensation inside me whenever he mentions his past lovers or future lovers. It's only gonna be a matter of time until he starts dating some new girl and I know I should be happy for him but I just feel so sad every time I realize that he will never like me back!

Did i get off-topic? I don't even know.
Well, my mom's coming to my room right now, I think I need to end this entry right here.

It was nice talking to you, see you again soon!

-Taehyungie♡

°○●○●○°

(-a few days later-)

"Something on your mind, honey?"

Taehyung's thoughts were interrupted by the raven-haired woman sitting next to him, Mrs. Jeon.
He had been daydreaming about Jungkook, again. Nothing new.

Speaking of Jungkook, the younger had had the brilliant idea to take his best friend to see a movie at the cinema, which is how he got into this situation in the first place, sitting in the lobby with Mrs. Jeon.

Since Jungkook was upstairs to shower and get ready, Taehyung spent a lot of time trying to control his pounding heart.

It's not a date. It's not a date. It's not a date. Just a small hangout for friends.
His brain knew it was just a friendly meetup but of course, his heart misunderstood everything, like always.

Finally, he answered Mrs. Jeon's question.
"Sorry, Mrs. Jeon, I spaced out. But I'm fine."
She smiled.

Mrs. Jeon treated him just like he was her own son, she loved the blonde boy with all her heart.
She knew Taehyung was good for Jungkook, a good friend.

Whatever rebellious teenage phase Jungkook was going through, Taehyung was always the one to bring him back to his senses.
And she was so grateful for that.

"Taehyung, I've known you since the time you couldn't even speak properly. You're going through something, right? When Kook came home the other day, he said you were crying in the bathroom and he was worried sick! He didn't even talk to me that day, I had to force the words out of him."

Taehyung gasped. He knew Jungkook may have been worried but that worried? A warm feeling settled in his chest. Fuuuuck-- heart, stop acting like this! He was only worrying for you as a friend.

"I'm sorry for making him worry, Mrs. Jeon. Honestly, it's nothing serious, I just..." Jungkook's mother frowned.

"Not only my son's worried about you, I am too, honey. You see, you remind me of someone from my sophomore year, a girl. She was a good friend of mine, we met around the time I had my first boyfriend."

Taehyung, whose eyes were glued onto the floor, averted his gaze towards Mrs. Jeon, suddenly becoming interested.

"Okay.. what about that girl?"
The female smiled and sighed.

"I remember her so well... she was like a little sister to me.
She was one of the prettiest girls in our grade, so delicate and soft, like a rose petal. Or a butterfly wing. Whatever.
The boys were all begging to court her, but somehow she never even spared them a glance, not even the most handsome ones got to score a date with her.

"Now on to the point: When we met, she was quite shy but positive person. The more time we spent together, the more she opened up and we got closer. She was so happy all the time. But after spring break, she suddenly..." Mrs. Jeon stopped talking, as if she was searching for the right words.

Taehyung, who was listening attentively, looked up to her curiously with big eyes. "She suddenly...?"

The middle-aged woman sighed.
"She suddenly changed. She became distant, like she was hiding something. She spaced out a lot, sometimes she even looked depressed and she had puffy eyes. I was so worried about her, it was like she had something going on but she didn't want to talk about it.

"I did everything to gain her trust and assured her that I would support her no matter what happened, and someday, it finally worked. Thank god it did, otherwise it might've ended up dangerously."
Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"
Mrs. Jeon sighed again.

"You know, teenagers your age, they're vulnerable. They have a lot to get through and a lot of emotional barriers to conquer. If they have to get through everything alone they feel lonely and weak and they get stuck in those barriers. And they do dangerous thing to forget about it, they stop eating, they stop sleeping, they start drinking, they isolate themselves, sometimes they even harm themselves. That could lead to dangerous things.

"That should not happen. Since you didn't even tell Jungkook, I'm worried the same thing will happen to you, hon." Taehyung let her words sink in and frowned.

Am I in danger or something? Am I gonna be depressed? But Mrs. Jeon is one to always overreact, it's not that deep anyway. Yeah, let's hope she's overreacting.
That breakdown I had is long forgotten and kind of stupid anyways. No big deal. I wonder what girl was going through, though.

"Mrs. Jeon?," Taehyung said without looking up. She hummed.
"What happened to that girl? If you don't mind telling me, of course."

She smiled. "It wasn't even that huge of a deal, honestly. For other people, maybe, but not for me. Well anyways, she was--"

"Tae, I'm ready. Let's go." another voice could be heard, along with the sound of someone stomping down the stairs.

Taehyung turned his head towards the emerging figure and as usual, the butterflies in his stomach started fluttering.

Jungkook was wearing a plain, white shirt and simple, skinny jeans with black trainers. His now longer hair was still slightly wet from the shower he just took.
Taehyung may have blushed a little.
God dammit, how can someone look this good without trying? Ugh, can I stop drooling over him already?

"Y-Yeah, let's go. Goodbye Mrs. Jeon, I hope we can talk again later."
He smiled lightly, she returned his smile.

"Have fun, boys. And Jungkook, I told you to dry your hair properly before you go outside, you're gonna catch a cold," she scolded. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"I can handle it, mom." She let out a short laugh and waved her hand.
"Okay then, don't be too late."

Taehyung immediately forgot about all the uneasiness he felt. Now he only wanted to focus on enjoying this night with Jungkook, the biggest source of happiness in his life at the moment.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: Hiii sorry for this wayyy too long chapter, I guess this is what you call a filler chapter? Even though it is going to be kind of important for the plot, I guess?😅

And yeah, I'm also sorry for all the sappy and cringey stuff I write but I think I might come to slowly relate to Taehyung, I think I might have a slight crush on someone but I'm not sure idkkksjdqj)