Chapter 32

"Oh my god, did you see them?!"
A brunette female clasped her hands in front of her mouth in shock, her eyes big as saucers.

"See what?," a ravenette male asked, leaning back in his chair with an unfazed expression.

"Your ex best friend! With Mark Lim!" Now, the boy rose out of his sitting position, alarm bells going off in his head. "What do you mean, Yiren?"

The female rolled her eyes. "Jungkook, you're so unobservant. I just witnessed something gigantic. Okay, so here's the deal. I think Taehyung and Mark might be together."
Jungkook raised an eyebrow, appearing very calm even though on the inside, he had a very unpleasant feeling in his gut.

"Wait, you mean like together together?" She nodded.
"It's so unusual, like, that would mean that they're... gay. With each other. I've never seen that happen before!" She bit her lip in thought while Jungkook had a whole turmoil of feelings going on everywhere inside him.

For one, he missed Taehyung.
For two, he didn't just forget about Taehyung like he wished he did.
For three, he was definetely jealous.
Oh boy, was he jealous.

"Umm... so... why do you think so?"
He scratched his nape awkwardly, fleeing her gaze.
Good thing that Yiren didn't notice since she was too busy watching the two boys in the back.

"It's so obvious! They're holding hands and whispering into each other's ears and all that. My gosh, is Taehyung blushing? I can't see properly, they're too far away...," she rambled, craning her neck to get a better view.

The boy tapped her shoulder hesitatingly. "Umm, maybe you should turn around? You don't want them to see you ogling them, do you?,"
he asked nervously.

Immediately, Yiren turned around. "O-Of course. Yeah."
Jungkook, who was feeling anxious for no specific reason, gave her a quick sideeye.

"Uh, so, in case they are dating... what do you think about them?"
Internally, he just thought: 'Don't be a homophobe. Don't be a homophobe. Don't be a homophobe' over and over.

She seemed to be thinking for a while and then, she shrugged. "Well, I wouldn't dislike it or be against it. But you have to admit, it's unusual! I'll need some time to get used to it, I guess.
Jungkook let out a breath of relief.

"Yeah, me too," he just said, surprised at how positive her reaction actually was. "If they're dating," he added.
Yiren raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean, 'if'? They clearly are!" She then widened her eyes all of a sudden.
"Oh my god," she whispered, confusing the older boy.

"Do you think they had sex? Like how would that even work?! Two gu--" Jungkook cut her off, panicking internally.
"T-That's none of your-- our business, okay?" She tilted her head sideways.
"I guess..."

Now Jungkook was the one glancing at the last row. Ever since he had moved his seat to the front, he always made sure to avoid Taehyung.
He came to school purposefully early and packed up purposefully late.

During the breaks, he made sure not to come across Taehyung's favourite hangout places and during the lessons, he kept his eyes on the board all the time.
That way, he had zero contact to him, like none at all.

But now, he broke his own law and observed the gorgeous blonde talking to Jimin and Mark. Doing that, he noticed how beautifully his fingers curled as he propped his chin on his hand and how soft his cheeks looked every time he gave a soft smile. He sighed.

He probably forgot all about me already...

"Hey, Jungkook?" The boy looked up and gave Yiren a questioning look.

"Umm... So... Do you have your eyes on a girl right now?" He shook his head, being truthful. It wasn't a girl afterall.
"Okay, and what would you say if you knew someone had their eyes on you?" He shrugged, becoming slightly suspicious.

What is she trying to say? Wait... does she like me? No, god. Please no.

"Honestly, I don't plan on starting anything I can't finish at the moment. I want to wait for the right person, that's all," he stated, once again, only partly truthfully.

He didn't plan on starting anything with anyone except for a certain someone that he didn't even get to talk to anymore...

We used to have so much fun...

What happened to us?

"So, who do you think it that 'right person'?," she asked, in a purposefully disinterested tone.
Jungkook knew exactly what she was up to.

Girl, you ain't slick. I think we both know that you're not that person.

If this had been a few months ago, he would've said 'yes' in a wink. He didn't want to let any chance of having a beautiful girlfriend pass.

But now... he really didn't know anymore.

He met Yiren just a few weeks ago, she paid his lunch table a visit and asked if she could sit. She used to be so shy around him, he actually found it cute.

That time, Jungkook asked himself: "Is that my chance to move on from Taehyung?" and he tried to see her as more than a friend but weirdly, his mind was blank every time he did.
What the hell happened to me?, he asked himself. The answer was clear.

He really liked her, just not in that way.

So he just answered with a shrug of his shoulders: "Dunno. Probably someone I haven't met yet."
Yiren nodded, trying not to let the disappointment in her pretty face show.

"Of course. Yeah." The both of them gave each other an awkward smile and waited for the teacher to come, the girl biting her nails and the boy pretending to write something with his pen while lowering his head.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: okay so hiii,

this is kind of a filler to see how jk's doing rn anddd a new characterrr. next chapter will be a boring one (i already know that😎) but thennn it will get interesting again whoop whoop

i also have to mention this is the first 'real book' i wrote (my instagram harry potter fanfictions from fifth grade don't count :D) so i'm not that experienced with keeping a plot upright and interesting and yeah, you get what i mean. so if something is dragging behind or sth and you realize "huh wtf this sucks" just know that i didn't plan for half of this to happen and this part of the plot is a bit... tricky to write, it'll get better. sorry

also, i know my writing style is a bit dry and repetitive and stuff but english isn't really my first language sksksk
no one in my german-korean family knows how to speak proper english so i guess it runs in the family, even though compared to them my english would be god-like-- (whoopsie)

i'm sorry i ramble too much and my a/ns are wayy to long, i beg for your forgiveness😔 goodbye guyzzz)