Chapter 15

"Jungkook, I am not doing this with you!"

"Why not? It's my birthday."

"That's irrelevant right now. You know I'm scared of heights!," Taehyung exclaimed, standing in front of the queue with his arms crossed.

"It's not as bad as it looks. If it gets too much for you just close your eyes, or look at me."
Sighing, Taehyung glanced towards the wild roller coaster, contemplating whether he should give in or not.

As Jungkook's words sank through him, he started blushing.
What does he mean, look at him? So he would be okay with me looking at him? That's so sweet!

He turned his head to face Jungkook, once again finding himself get lost in the younger's features-- especially his lips.
Damn it Taehyung.

"Ugh, fine. B-But you take responsibility when I faint. Or get a heart attack!" Jungkook laughed.

"You sound so sure. Don't worry, nothing will happen, I'm there. And now let's get in line, it's crowded."
Jungkook grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the back of the seemingly never-ending queue.

It was crowded, indeed. But Taehyung couldn't seem to care, all he could do was stare at Jungkook's hand around his wrist. A smile was forming on his face as he once again recalled the other's words.

Don't worry, nothing will happen, I'm there.
Oh, how much these words actually meant for Taehyung.

As the two of them stood in the waiting line, Taehyung's anxiety grew. To calm himself down, he stole some glances towards Jungkook to calm himself.

It surprisingly worked. Bizarre how simply one glance at the other had such immense effect him, huh?

Hundreds of people surrounding him while chattering loudly and the only thing corrupting his mind was Jungkook, Jungkook, Jungkook.
Every millisecond he spent with him, he felt beyond ecstatic.

But that ecstasy was short-lived.

All of a sudden, he felt someone's hand on his behind. Grabbing his butt.
He had never been so shocked in his whole life.

Letting out a loud gasp, he turned around and slapped the hand away.
In front of him stood a much taller and stronger boy around his age, smirking at him.
He somehow looked familiar.
Was Taehyung going insane?

The blonde boy decided not to throw a fit since there were too many people around and he didn't want to start drama.
So he just sent a death glare towards the smirking boy and turned around again, now feeling extremely uncomfortable.

Jungkook, who had been on his phone until now, looked at him worriedly.
"Are you okay? Did something happen?"

Taehyung quickly shook his head, avoiding the other's gaze on him.
"N-No, I'm okay."

Jungkook let out a low sigh, his gaze suddenly becoming sharp and demanding.
"Taehyung." His voice sounded much deeper, almost like a growl, sending shivers down Taehyung's spine.

Beyond intimidated, Taehyung lowered his gaze towards the floor.
"Umm.. S-Someone just groped me."

Jungkook's eyes widened and turned even darker than before.
"What the hell?! Who?!"
Taehyung flinched.

"I have no idea! Calm down please, you're scaring me."
Jungkook sighed again.

"Sorry. Are you okay? Do you want to leave?"
Taehyung smiled, his heart fluttering at how caring Jungkook was being.

"It's okay, I'm just a bit... spooked?"
Jungkook nodded understandingly, swiftly glancing behind them at, presumably, the 'culprit'.

"Was it him?" Carefully, Taehyung nodded.
Jungkook scoffed loudly with a condescending look on his face.