Chapter 64

Taehyung felt highly excited for the family dinner planned with Jungkook's parents and a bit restless at the thought of the family dinner with his own parents, the bare thought of his father putting his boyfriend down and provoking him making his stomach turn a good 180° degrees.

But before it could even come to that, something extremely major happened, something he had not seen coming.

He was just randomly walking along the corridors while holding his dear boyfriend's hand, just minding his own business.
By now, everyone was so used to them being a couple, no one even tried to tear them apart and the cyber-bullying aswell as the occasional violence- or death threats had significantly decreased in numbers.

Which they were extremely pleased about, they were now finally starting to get comfortable in their quite fraught environment. They had people who supported them, people who mattered. And that was all that counted.

The couple had just abruptly stopped in their tracks as Taehyung's shoelaces had magically untied themselves and he threatened to stumble and fall, Jungkook immediately rushing to his aid and not even letting him re-tie them by himself. Kneeling down in front of him and looking into his eyes sweetly, he tied the blonde's shoelaces in the most gentle way possible, said blonde visibly melting at the sweetness and internally squealing.

And in the middle of their adorable moment, they heard an unsure voice behind them.

"G-Guys? Can I talk to you for a moment?"
Their heads snapped around and immediately, an angry glare could be seen on both their faces.

"Son of a bitch. You want to talk to us after everything you've done? You dare insult my boyfriend again, I might actually rearrange your guts for good," Jungkook threatened with his teeth gritted and his eyes blazing, the new person stepping back in fear.

"No. I want to earn your forgiveness," the person said, voice slightly shaky and unstable.
Taehyung let out a sarcastic laugh. "Wow, the notorious Jackson actually asks for forgiveness? What's the occasion?"

"I... I'm sorry for what I did. It's just, my parents always say homosexuals are spawns of the devil and abominations and they should die and I kind of believed them so when I saw your diary entries, I got pissed," Jackson muttered, the blonde cocking an eyebrow at that.

"How old are you, Jackson? Seventeen? Eighteen? You're definetely old enough to act on your own behalf and make decisions for yourself instead of relying on your parents like a fucking toddler. Your parents' shittiness doesn't justify what you did so don't you even dare use them as an excuse," he spat with his arms crossed over his chest, evidently not impressed.

"You called me slurs and you called me an abomination how many times exactly? And now suddenly, you feel remorse? Suspicious if you're asking me. You dragged me behind the school building just to humiliate me and degrade me, you sent a video of me being forcefully kissed to my homophobic father while pretending to be Jungkook and you threatened to expose me and him in front of the whole school just because you wanted me, the abomination, gone. So please excuse me questioning your morals behind your half-assed apology, did someone threaten you or what?" He narrowed his eyes.

"No, really. I was manipulated by my parents. Is it so hard to believe that I want to change?," the other just asked quietly.
Taehyung scoffed.

"People don't change just like that. You were acting on your own behalf and you strang your shitty friend Chris, even Mark, along because you held a grudge against me. That wasn't your parents' or anyone else's doing, that was you. Unless they told you to bully me? But don't you think a rationally thinking parent would call the school first and tell them to remove either one of us from here? Bullying and violence are strictly against our school's policy and your parents know that, they wouldn't want you to ruin your own reputation and break the damn law because of a simple homosexual. And besides, you're not regretting anything, I can see it in your face. Try again, Jackson. Why the hell do you want to quote-unquote 'apologize'?," he hissed.