Chapter 12

After Taehyung had recovered from the sudden jumpscare, he removed himself from Jungkook's shoulder and sat back in his seat properly, trying to process what the actual hell just happened.

He felt like he was flying high up in the sky, his cheeks dusted with a deep shade of red and literal hearts glittering in his eyes.

While the scary movie finally came to an end, Taehyung did literally nothing but replay that very moment in his head, he couldn't focus on anything else.

He spent many minutes smiling sheepishly and blushing while recalling the memories-- oh, how serious his crush had gotten.

As the credits were rolling, Jungkook let go of his hand and turned around to face him, collecting the empty bottles and popcorn bags and preparing them for the trashcan.

"Hey, you wanna crash at my place tonight? You know, just in case you get any nightmares," Jungkook said while grinning, putting emphasis on the word 'nightmares'.

Taehyung rolled his eyes playfully but nodded nonetheless. "Sure, I'll call my mom."
Thank god he didn't mention the jumpscare moment!

Sleeping in the same room as Jungkook... couldn't be too bad, right?

°○●○●○°

As soon as the sophomore boys reached Jungkook's house, the younger of the two let himself fall onto his bed, immediately falling asleep.
Damn, he must've been tired.

Taehyung couldn't help but sit at the edge of the bed and stare at his sleeping figure, observing his facial features.

"Why are you doing this to me?," he asked quietly, knowing that the other couldn't hear or respond to him.

"Everything you do drives me crazy, you know? Stop playing with my heart, I'm scared of actually falling in love with you," he muttered, bringing his hand closer to Jungkook's face and pouting.

Taking another look at Jungkook's sleeping face, Taehyung stroked the other's cheek with his index finger and ran his hand through the other's soft, fluffy hair.

Jungkook looked so peaceful and quiet. And soft. And cute. Like a young bunny.

Sighing and with his heart aching because of the usual bad thoughts corrupting his mind, Taehyung sneaked downstairs to drink some water, the sweet popcorn was slowly drying out his throat and making it beg for liquid.

After downing two whole glasses of water, he suddenly heard a voice behind him.

"Hun, you still up?"

Taehyung turned around and saw Mrs. Jeon, wearing silk pyjamas and a sleeping mask on her messy raven hair.

"Hi, Mrs. Jeon. I just came to drink some water." After saying that, he suddenly remembered her high school story and got interested again.
It was too early to sleep anyways, how did Jungkook fall asleep already?

"Oh, do you mind maybe finishing that story? About your high school friend? Only if you want to. And if you're not too tired." She chuckled.

"Sure, little guy. It's not that late anyway." Taehyung beamed.

"You haven't called me that in a while." She beamed aswell.

"You kids grow up so fast nowadays, sadly you're not so little anymore. But you haven't called me 'nice lady with black hair' in a long time either. But anyways, take a seat." She gestured him towards her kitchen's leather bar stools, giggling.

"And before I continue, I want you to be open-minded and respectful about everything. All of us, we are people. We think differently. We act differently. We love differently. But at the end, we're all living, breathing humans and all of us are to be respected and treated well."
Her cheery expression suddenly turned stern.