Chapter 12 - Heartbeat

*Cath's Point Of View*

"What?" I asked Daryl

         He grunted and offered his hands.

"What do you want?" I asked him, pretending that I dont know whats going on.

"Cmon lets dance" Daryl said nervously

        I smiled at him and grabbed his hands, as he helped me up. We hold hands together til we got beside the fire. I put my arms around his neck, staring at his perfect blue eyes and then he gestured if he is allowed to hold my waist. I nodded, we slow danced together. It was beautiful! Its so romatic! I stared at him for awhile and I lay my head on Daryl's chest, as he held me closer. I listened carefully and heard that Daryl's heart is beating so fast. I laughed and Daryl looked at me  confused.

"Whats so funny?" Daryl asked

        I smirked at him and tapped his chest.

"Stop" He said

        I laughed and Daryl smiled back. I was shocked! This was the first time I saw Daryl smiled! He looks more handsome! Then suddenly I was the one who was getting nervous. I felt those butterflies again! I keep reminding to myself **I dont like Daryl, I dont like Daryl, I dont like Daryl**. 

"Cath, the thing that happened awhile ago.. the shower room" Daryl quietly

"Just pretend nothing happened" I answered back.

        The slow beautiful music stopped and I quickly looked down and walked away from Daryl. I wanted to avoid him, because Im starting to like him. This is not about love! This is about surviving!

"Whats wrong?" Daryl asked worriedly

"Nothing" I said not looking into his eyes, and followed the group to the cafeteria.

        Lori and Carol prepared us some bread, beans and canned sausages. Its good enough, better than our breakfast this morning. Everyone started to grab some food and eat, I joined them and I sat beside Beth. While we were eating I caught Daryl looking at me, but I looked away

"Surpriseee!!!" T-dog shouted

"Whats that?" Glenn asked

"This party needs a little bit of something something" T-dog replied

        T-dog put the wine and some alchohols in the table. Carl grabbed a cup and poured the wine. Lori grabbed Carl's wine and stopped him.

"Mom! I was going to drink that" Carl whined

"Not happening, eat your food and go play after that, understand" Lori commanded

"Okayy..." Carl said in a sad tone

        The adults started to get the drink, T-dog was first, and followed by Glenn. I noticed that Daryl wasnt drinking. Oh would you look at that! The badass is changing! After I finished my food, I grabbed a cup and poured some alcohol into it. I just want to forget. Forget that stupid feeling I have with Daryl .

"Dont drink too much!" Beth warned me.

        I just smiled at her not giving a shit. It was already past 9 and Lori started to put the kids to bed. The adults were the only ones left. T-dog was really drunk, therefore Rick put him to bed. T-dog hesitate and keep saying that he isnt drunk, but its obvious, cuz he is freaking singing already, and the fact that  T-dog is the shy type guy. We all laughed telling T-dog to go.

        After T-dog left, the topic of our conversation was Glenn and Maggie's relationship. Hershel, Maggie's dad didnt want to know that, therefore he decided to go to bed. I listened to Glenn and Maggie as they explained their love life, Its so perfect! and I was so jealous. I drink even more. I drink and drink and drink. The Beth stopped me and hide the alcohol, I got mad and grabbed the alcohol back. I jugged the alcohol, not using my cup anymore. Ugh! Damn this shit is so strong. I saw Daryl went outside, probably going for a watch and checking if our place is clear. I started to cry, and I didnt know why.

"Cath? Are you okay?" Maggie asked

"Yes, yes! Im fine, I just love crying" I replied

"Shes drunk. Beth, you better put her to bed" Glenn said

"No! Im not drunk.. Look.. 2+2 = 5" I told the group

        Everyone laughed and Rick started to pull me up. I hesitate. Rick just leaved me alone and we continued to our conversation. I admired, Glenn and Maggie, theyre like the perfect and cutest couple ever.

         I  started to take a nap and lay my head down the table.

______________________________

"Cath! Cmon, Get up" said with a quiet and concern voice

        I looked around and it was dark, those stupid people left me alone here, I stood up tried to walk but in some reason, I keep falling off.

"I.. I cant walk anymoreeee, where is my legss!?!!" I whined to the guy who was holding me

        I didnt really recognized him, everything is a blur. I cant really see anything.

"Cmon."  

        The unknown guy, picked me up, Bridal Style. I blinked twice to see who he is. I put my hands around his face, as I felt a long greasely hair. I still cant recognize him.

"Stop holding my face" he said

"Im sooowwwiiieeeeeee" I whined and started to cry.

        Why the hell am I crying? I dont even know why. I just felt like crying.

"Dumbass drunk bitch" the unknown guy said.

        He sat me down to a chair, as he pulled my mattress closer to his, He picked me up again and lay me down to my mattress.

"Who the hell are you!!?!" I shouted to him

        He didnt reply, therefore I started to cry and whined again.

"Stop that Cath! Your acting like a baby"  the guy shouted to me

        I didnt know him.Then all of a sudden my chest started to hurt, I have to let the pain out, therefore I share my horrible and stupid love feelings to the unknown guy.

"Do you know Daryl Dixon?" I asked the guy

        I heard him laugh and he said yes. I got happy because he knows him, so then I started to share my stupid horrible story.

"He is a piece of shit." I told him

"Oh Really?" he said laughing

"Yea! But I like him." 

        The guy didnt answer back. It feels like he is gotten serious, he is listening very carefully. Therefore I continued ..

"You see.. The first time I saw that redneck, I! I! Myself!! Didnt actually like him!, I think that he is the nastiest and ugliest person I ever seen!!!! " I shouted to him

"Pfft." The unknown guy replied

"But!!! When we were outside the shower room, when he hold my hand and had his face so close to mine, I felt the butterflies!!! it was in my stomach!!" I yelled at him, and continued ...

"Then he asked me dance, I was so nervouss!!! I looked at him! and I felt the butterflies againnnnnnnnn!! I You see.. I like Daryl Dixon!! I loveeeeeeee himmmmm!" I whined and cried.

"Cath your drunk! Go to bed" said the guy.

"Dad? Daddy?! Is that you!?" I asked the unknown guy

        He laughed and wrapped his blanket on to me. He turned around, not facing me, as he tries to go to sleep. I cried again, I didnt want him to sleep! Im not finish with my story yet! So I dragged him, forcing him to face me again. And so .. he did! 

"Whats your name??" I asked him

        He laughed.

"Cath, Its me! Daryl!" He replied

"Ohh Daryl its you!!! I loveee youuuu so mucccchhh Darryllll!!!" I yelled and whined at him.