Chapter 18 - Goodbye

**Daryl's Point Of View**

I helped Glenn to load the truck for our trip by carrying the bag full of guns and the food that Carol made for us. I looked at the basket and noticed that Carol made a lot of goodies. Oh great!! Guess we will be staying long in the city.

"What your not going to say goodbye?" Zack asked Beth

"Nope" Beth replied and walked away.

"Damn Romance Novel" I said

Right when Beth left, I laughed at Zack and rolled my eyes at him.

"What!?! At least I got a girl! Unlike you!" Zack yelled at me.

Ha. This dumb ass knows nothing. Stupid idiot doesn't know that Cath and I are together, and she will surely miss and say goodbye to me. I glared at Zack and just ignored his stupid words.

"Your comming with us?" I asked

"Yeah, I volunteered and Rick approved." Zack answered.

I nodded at him, and went back to work. I check the engine and the tires of the truck. Its going to be a long trip and this vehicle better be good. I exhaled and wiped my dirty hands on my pants. I was done fixing the truck, and this vehicle is not bad, it is absolutely in good condition. I stood up and saw everyone saying goodbyes to their love ones. Maggie is sobbing on Glenn's shoulder, Tyresse's girlfriend, Karen and her sister Sasha were praying for him, Carl is hugging his Dad, while Rick is holding her daughter Judith and the dumb ass Zack!? Well, he is already in truck and ready to go. I looked around and search for Cath.Nope not here. Shes probably in the cafeteria munching on some food again. I sighed, and decided to just get in the truck.

"Hey you!! What!? your not going to say goodbye?"

I smiled knowing who that sweet voice belongs to. I looked back and saw Cath standing there with her arms folded. I smirked and walked to her, then I gave her a peek on her soft cheek.

"Im gonna miss ya" I said to Cath

"I will miss you too. Be careful, okay? Always take care!" Cath replied.

I noticed that she is starting to tear up and I didnt want to see her cry, therefore I just hugged her one last time and walked away. I heard Cath crying from behind, but I didn't want to look back, its too hard for me to see her so sad.

Wait. What the hell is this?! It feels like my heart is melting and I feel really nervous. Is this because Im going to be far away from Cath and there is a huge possibility that I wont see her again? Oh cmon Daryl! Stop it! Strengthen yourself! You are a Dixon!!! I shook my head and awaken myself from my thoughts. I was ready and about to get in the truck...

"I love you Daryl!! Promise me you will be back!!" Cath shouted at me.

My eyes are starting to heat up. Shit! Don't fucking cry! I cleared my throat. I wanted to say something to her but all the group are looking at us and whispering to each other, therefore I just smiled at nodded at Cath. I hop in the truck and Rick started to drive. Carl opened the gate and wave us goodbye. Tyresse was in the passenger seat beside Rick, while Glenn, Zack and I are at the back seat. Glenn is sitting beside the left window and Zack is in the middle. Oh great. this dumbass is right beside me. I just sighed and looked at the window. But then I felt like something is not right, I look on my left and saw Zack staring at me with his mouth wide open.

"What the fuck dude!?!"

"You and Cath are together!!!?!!" Zack asked surprisingly.

"Yea" I replied.

I noticed that Rick, Tyresse and Glenn were smiling, I just glared at them and rolled my eyes then they all started to laugh!! well except for Zack, this dumbass is still shock.