unconfident ; e

i'm gonna try to be more creative with my writing :)

-💛-

you and ethan were walking up and down the aisles at the local supermarket, looking for food for the upcoming week. you were in the chips and cookie aisle, looking for some snacks. ethan was somewhere else, probably looking for vegan mac and cheese or something.

you were grabbing some oreo's off the shelf when some old lady looked at you with a disgusted look.

"i'm sorry, did i do something?" you asked politely.
"i guess not..." she trailed off.
"i just think you should lose some weight before you eat so much junk." she points to your cart and counts all the "junk food" in it.
"look at that. you have cookies and chips and a whole bunch of stuff. absolutely disgusting," she rolled her eyes and started to walk away.
"well thank you for your opinion but i can't find where i asked." you rolled your eyes and fastly walked away with your head lowered.

your eyes started to tear up as you walked back up and down the aisles, looking for ethan and putting everything back. a few minutes later, after you emptied your cart of your sweets, you ran right into ethan. he realized that the cart was empty and that you were crying. he gently grabbed your shoulders and looked into your eyes, worried and confused. he was waiting for you to explain.

"e-ethan, there was this l-lady and she told me t-to put all the junk f-food away and lose w-weight." you said, crying harder. he wrapped you into a hug and kissed the top of your head.
"are you serious?!" he said, getting louder. he pulled you away from him, his hands still on your shoulders as you stood there, still crying.

"what did she look like? where did she go?" he asked.
"i don't know where she went... don't say anything. let's just go."
"i don't think so. we are definitely going to talk to her. no one will ever disrespect you like that. also, for the record, you're perfect. absolutely perfect. i couldn't ask for someone so beautiful to look at, with an amazing personality to add to it!" you slightly smiled as he pulled you in for a hug and kissed your head again.

"now tell me, which way did she go?" he pulled away, and grabbed your hand, expecting you to lead him down the aisles and point her out.

you walked down the aisles slowly, ethans hand is yours. you walked down many aisles until you reached the bread aisle (idk lol). then you recognized her. she was looking at the breads and feeling them, looking for the right one. (am i the only one that does that? yes? okay i'll leave lol) you looked over to ethan and pointed. you hated doing this, you thought it was like you were tattling to your teacher in kindergarten.

he walked up behind her, let go of your hand and tapped her shoulder, rather rudely.
"um excuse me, miss," he emphasized the miss in a rude way. the lady turned around, once again with a rude look.
"what do you want?" she made eye contact with you quickly and rolled her eyes. people started gathering around, which caused you to once again tuck your head, just wanting to go home.
"i just found out that you told my girlfriend to lose some weight before she got some cookies... that true?" ethan said.
"actually, it is. i was just being honest with her."
"well first of all, did she ask for your opinion? i don't think so. second of all, she isn't even overweight. she's perfect." he kissed your head and snaked his hand around your waist. the lady was speechless.
"whatever. let's get out of here. there's no vegan stuff anyway." as you guys navigate your way through the crowd, ethan slightly shouts, "shows over!"

you and ethan got into the car and drove to another supermarket that did have vegan stuff and you guys did your shopping there. ethan stayed with the whole time, whispering sweet things into your ear like,

"you're perfect." and "i love you."

- - -
711 words

i'm sorry it's so short
don't forget to vote🥺
ily
-tea