CHAPTER 5

Alveera's POV:

I was trying my best to think of a solution to convince my parents but my brain didn't seem to work. I had exactly 12 hours to give my boss an answer. My uncles had gone to the airport to pick the groom's family and there was so much chaos in my house that my head had started to pain.

The living room was the only place where there was some peace so went and sat there, making plans. After around 10 minutes Xanir came there, eating ice cream.

"Where did you get that from?", I questioned.

"From the fridge." He came and sat next to me.

"Are there some more there?"

"No."

"Then you are going to share that with me", I ordered.

"No way."

"Then why are you eating it in front of me when you don't want to share, I love ice creams", I cried.

"I know how much you love ice creams."

"Of course, how can you forget the day when I punched you when you ate my ice cream", I said chuckling.

"Shut up, I even punched you in return."

"Whatever", I said rolling my eyes, "But if I post this on social media that the Australian captain was punched by me in his childhood, just imagine what will happen, your fans will love it."

"No one will believe you", he said casually, "unless I post it myself, no one knows that we are childhood friends."

"Enemies", I corrected and he rolled his eyes.

"Tell me one thing", I said as he took the last bite of his ice cream, "I shouldn't be saying this but I know that you are a very down to earth and a humble person, but you deliberately become arrogant in front of me, why?"

"Figure it yourself if you have figured this much." He can't simply answer my question.

"Why are you not going to Australia next month?", his question took me by surprise.

"What? How do you know?"

"You said that I have superpowers so those powers helped me find out." No way it can't be possible, "Come on tell me."

"Mind your own business", I said as I stood up but he caught my arms and turned me around.

"I am minding my own business only, but this deal might help you as well as me", he said seriously, "You have to do me a favour in return of which I will convince your parents for allowing you to go there."

"Impossible, no one can convince them."

"Think about it Alveera, I can convince them. You have only a few hours and I am sure you don't want to miss this opportunity."

"What do you want me to do?", I sighed as I started accepting my defeat.

"Well that's really simple", he said smirking, "Become my date for the annual award function." It took me some time to process what he exactly said, become his date? Is he out of his mind?

"I might not be able to go but I will never become your date and that is final. And by the way, you can take anyone as your date, why me?"

"You know that I don't like all this. And I said think about it, all you have to do is come with me to Australia, company me as my date to the function and later on, you can go for the series."

"I don't have any dress for the function", I tried making excuses.

"You don't have to worry about anything, your dress, sandal, jewellery, each and everything I will manage, all you have to do is say 'yes'."

"What about my parents?" There was no point arguing with him.

"I told you that I will convince them", he assured me.

"What are you? A prime minister?"

"No, just a position less than him", he said winking.

I had no other option, I had to agree with him, it was a win-win deal for both of us. But I was still in doubt that what will he say to my parents. At the end of the day, I found a solution to my problem that came in the form of Xanir. I told my boss that I would be going and he was really happy.

The next day:  

When Xanir said that he will convince my parents, he really meant it. I don't know what kind of magic he did on them that they agreed in one go only. And later my mom was lecturing me about all the things that I should and should not be doing there.

Currently, I was getting ready for the wedding ceremony. I dropped Amaira at the saloon and while returning I got stuck in a traffic jam due to which I got really late. I was in my room getting ready when Sarif told me that they were all leaving and I had to come along with Xanir.

After around 15 minutes I was ready wearing my navy blue lehenga that I bought with my first salary.

I met Xanir in the garden where he was waiting for me and he was wearing a black tuxedo and I had to admit that he was looking devilishly handsome

I met Xanir in the garden where he was waiting for me and he was wearing a black tuxedo and I had to admit that he was looking devilishly handsome. But I didn't compliment him cause he also didn't compliment me. He just looked at me for a few seconds and said nothing.

Later when we reached the wedding venue he pulled me for a picture which he posted on his Instagram account introducing me as his date for the function and his childhood friend. Believe me, my followers increased in bulk in a few hours.

Please do vote, share and comment.