Chapter 8

King Steven Rogers:

Anthony and I were waiting for y/n, I told Anthony about this strange girl I saw in the woods and showed him this strange thing her mother gave her. I knew she was a stranger and still, I wanted to believe everything she said. 

So when Anthony told me that this thing is not a weapon, I sighed in relief, which didn’t go unnoticed by him. He gave me a teasing smile making me uncomfortable. 

This is when she entered the room. I inhaled deeply to calm myself down. Whenever I would be near her I felt my heartbeat fast, which is quite strange. She looks just like her, but there is something different about her. She isn’t like the ladies here, she’s straight forward, a bit clumsy and fierce. Her way of talking. She sounds so different when she talks, it looks like she is not from here. She is from somewhere else. 

 “You probably know why we called you here...miss,”  Anthony asked her. “Yes, to ask me again, who am I, who spent me here?”

“I know you don’t remember anything and I am not going to ask you any questions. But you know you look exactly like my sister. Don’t you find it strange?” 

“Did you just call me here to ask me if seeing my duplicate one is interesting or not?” she replied in an irritated tone. 

Anthony gave me an amusing smile. He was giving me this look again.  He turned towards her and gave her that thing. At first, she looked shocked but then she smiled and muttered thanks to Anthony and left. 

“She is an aggressive one, mate” Anthony chuckled. I shook my head at him and went to my chamber. 

~

Reader’s pov:

Again, another morning, another day in this alternate world. It’s almost a week and Tony still didn’t complete his remote to bring me back. 

One week of wearing these tight uncomfortable gowns, one week of feeling a stranger among these familiar faces.  

Today is going to be difficult, I was feeling extremely homesick and seeing your duplicate self around you is not as exciting as it sounds. 

And with that my me time was interrupted by non-other than Sharon to make me get ready to start the day, giving me a sweet smile as she entered my room. Sharon was the only good thing about this world except for Steve beard of course. 

Maybe she is not bad in the real world too, but still, she looks like a bitch when she smirks at me whenever she catches me staring at Steve. 

~

Breakfast was worse than I imagined, apparently this my duplicate princess named Catherine Helen Stark, which was not my name but it’s an alternate universe, anything could happen here right? So as I was saying that this Catherine seems to have a little crush on king Stevie, which was not surprising, a face like mine drool over a face like Steve is not surprising at all. 

Real-world or alternate I am gonna be all over Steve like a whore. 

The thing is, who’s going to be the Sharon of this story. Not Sharon cuz she’d already had finance. Maybe there is no one and this y/n could get her hands on Steve. I chuckled thinking about them. 

But still seeing her giving Steve lovey-dovey eyes makes me, just a tiny bit jealous and I know that sounds ridiculous.

She kept looking at Steve and Steve seemed pretty uncomfortable but didn’t do anything other than giving her a fake smile. At least I wouldn’t do anything like her, just to make myself look more stupid than I already am. 

So with that, I gave myself a new goal to make this stay here bearable. 

To give princess y/n some brains. Not because Steve could love her, but for herself. I mean it’s so painful seeing your alternate version being such a creep…..