Chapter 20

A/N: This is the last part and I'm feeling so emotional right now.🤧💔
My first series is finally complete. Thank you so much for reading this!! 🖤❤
.
.
.

It’s been a week since she came back and she was waiting for Sharon to come. Maybe Steve and Sharon broke up, she thought for a second. She couldn’t ask Steve, he always says, they are just friends.

She was going towards her room, to call Sharon to come. But then she saw Steve getting ready as if going on a date, she stopped and went inside his room, knocking his door. 

He looked up and smiled seeing her. “Are you going somewhere?” she asked him. 

Steve nodded, “yes, umm...Sharon is coming. we are…going ” he stuttered and looked at her face, to see her expressions. It broke her heart but she didn’t let it show him.

She tried to smile at him, “that’s nice, finally you accept to have something for her.” she said, forcefully, hoping Steve wouldn’t notice that. Right now she had to be happy for him.

“No we are not..” she rolled her eyes, “oh C’mon steve, you are getting ready to go out with her as a friend? Bull shit.” she scoffed. “C’mon, let me help you,” she said, fixing his tie.

Friday told them Sharon had come, so they went downstairs to meet her. y/n went towards her before Steve. Sharon smiled at her, “how are you.” she asked. 

“I’m good” y/n said with a smile, surprising her. “I heard you went missing, we were worried. Steve was worried.” Sharon said. 

“Well, then you should’ve come to meet me. In fact, I was waiting for you….” “I… I missed you” she whispered. Sharon knew she wasn’t saying, about missing her on the tour, she was talking about the friendship they had when she was working with SHIELD.

Sharon hugged her “I missed you too.” she whispered in her ear. After pulling apart, they chuckled at each other. 

“Okay, I don’t wanna waste any of yours. Just go on your date,” she said, pushing Steve towards Sharon. She smiled at them before walking away.

Her heart was wrenching but she would keep acting in front of them, maybe at some point would get over it.

But little did she know, after she went away, Steve whispered, “she looks fine.” Sharon chuckled at him, “what do you want her to do?” she asked him incredulously.

“No, I mean you said, if she gets jealous, that means she likes you,” he asked her. Sharon turned towards him, “she wasn’t jealous, this time she was hurt. She loves you.” she said looking in his eyes. 

And that moment the star-spangled man with a plan, regretted his plan for the first time. 

But still, he went with her.

After seeing them leave y/n sighed and went to watch some shitty movies. Maybe they would keep her distracted. But after half an hour she got bored. Tony and Nat weren't in the tower, so there was no one she could go talk to. 

Suddenly Tony messaged her a location to meet there. She sighed and got up to change because he specifically said that. 

After getting ready she went outside and sat in her car, and drove to that place. On reaching that place she felt like Tony was messing with her. It was in the middle of nowhere. It was dark and there was no one. She texted Tony asking where he was and that if it was a silly prank he was pulling, she would kill him.”

Get out of your car and move forward, feisty.” he texted back, that feisty reminder of king Anthony. She inhaled and got out of her car. 

After walking a bit she saw light, the trees were beautifully decorated with lights. She awed in wonder, why would Tony do that for her? 

She walked near it and looked around to see Tony but he wasn’t there. She was about to text him when she felt someone’s presence behind her. She turned around thinking it was Tony, but it was Steve.

She was shocked to see him there, “S...Steve what are you doing here?” she exclaimed.

He kneeled down making her gasp, what the fuck is he doing? 

“I know, all these months I tortured you. First I didn’t think you liked me but when you reacted seeing me with Sharon,... I know, I shouldn’t say this but I just loved seeing you like this, for me.

But today, I hurt you, in my plan to make you fall for me, I hurt you and I’m sorry about that. 

y/n, I love you, not from months but years, and I know this is all too cheesy but I wanted to get on my knees for you when I would ask you out. So y/f/n y/l/n would you be my girlfriend only to be my wife after.” he asked her, making her smile, she couldn’t believe he was not just asking her out but wanted to marry her.

“Well, Steve Grant Rogers, at this point, if you would have asked me to marry you, I would’ve said yes. But now you missed your chance” she said, smirking. “And yes, I would love to be your girlfriend, maybe even wife. And from on, you’ll get a lot of chances to be on your knees, do not worry babe,” she whispered, pulling him up to kiss him.

She held him by his collar and pressed her lips on his. Their kiss wasn’t soft at all, it was filled with passion. She wanted to tell him how much she waited for this.

After pulling apart, she held his face in her hands, “you have no idea how much you have tortured me, steve.” he chuckled, “I am sorry for that.” 

“Hmm, are you?, I think you have to show me how sorry you are,” she whispered seductively, making him blush. 

Suddenly Tony came out of nowhere, startling her, “I think you should save this for the bedroom, no one wants to hear this.”

Nat and Sharon also came out. y/n looked at them with wide eyes, “you guys knew?” she gasped.

“Well, we had to do this, capsicle here was taking way too long, and I couldn't see you getting your frustration out of my things,” Tony said with a tight smile.

“I think we should go home now.” nat said, and everyone walked towards their cars.

~

Never in her life y/n though, acceptance would make her feel like this. She not only got her friends back but the person she loved, confessed his love as well. She would never forget that trip to the other world. 

It teaches her to accept things, to cherish those things which you have. Life is unpredictable, so rather than running for those things which you can’t have, make peace with reality. Enjoy the things you have before you lose those too. 

And look what brought her, after that, Steve was with her, sleeping like a baby in her bed. She turned around from the window to look at him. A white sheet covering her body and a big smile on her face.

But embracing reality doesn’t mean, everything would go your way. It is just for your peace of mind. 

For some people, it brings their wishes to them, but in some cases, it doesn’t. But that doesn’t make them complain and blame other people. They would still enjoy their lives, just like Catherine did. 

But still, standing in front of the window, wrapped in the sheet she thought about them, did Steven give Catherine a chance, did Catherine accept him.

Was she successful in making King Steven forget about the girl from some other world?...
.
.
.

A/N: I hope you liked the ending!! ❤ I wanted a sad one but then I was like NOOOO!!!