Chapter 18

Steve and Nat came into the lab, seeing Tony relaxing in his chair with a smug smile. Seeing him relaxed, they knew he completed the machine.

"Why did you call us here?" Steve asked with hope. "Well, capsicle, I told you, your stupid questions couldn't let me focus, see the moment you stepped out of here, I finished it." tony said, showing them the remote.

Nat gave him a smile, "bring her back then, what are you waiting for?" she asked.

"Well, I'm just giving her some time to say her goodbyes to the people there." he shrugged. "Stark, I swear I'll kill you, bring her back right now!" she threatened.

Tony sighed and picked up the mini-arc reactor, just like the one, y/n had, He put it in the remote. and set the date and time of their world. Again he sat back into the chair.

"Now what?" Steve asked. "Now we wait when both reactors would connect we could bring her back. Now just go and let me rest," he said closing his eyes with a big smile on his face. He was happy, she was coming back.....

AU:

The moment she opened her eyes, she checked the reactor, it wasn't glowing. She sighed with disappointment. She couldn't live there anymore. She was feeling awful, saying those things to Steve. She couldn't face him anymore. The way he left last night was making her heart clench.

She shouldn't have said all those things. But now, she had to face him. She couldn't stay in her room all day.

After getting ready, she went for breakfast. Everyone was present except for Steve. Was he going to miss breakfast? That was the only thing she thought. She sat and started breakfast.

A few moments later Steve came and sat in his place. Everyone was talking like usual except for them. Everyone noticed it too but didn't say anything. y/n glanced towards Steve, his expressions were stoic, silently eating his food. He wasn't looking at her with a smile like he used to do.

She wanted to cry seeing him like this, she made him like this, like he was after his parent's death.

Suddenly her necklace glowed, making her shock. And this time, it wasn't for a moment, it was glowing continuously and she knew it was her time to go. She instantly hid it inside her dress, before anyone could notice it, anyone except for Steve.

She looked at Steve, his eyes already on her, telling her, he knew it was time.

After breakfast she went to her room, thinking about what she would tell everyone. She changed her clothes. No matter how uncomfortable those dresses were, she would miss them. She wanted to take one with her, but she didn't want anything from here, in her world.

Taking a deep breath, she left her room to find Steve. No matter how much she wanted to ignore him, she needed him to get out of here. She couldn't leave like a thief. It would be the last time she would see all of them.

Before she could find him, he found her and took her where everyone else. They didn't speak while walking.

"I will handle this," he said before going inside. She signed and entered after him. Their faces telling her, they knew she was going.

"I hope we will meet again." nat said coming towards her. She smiled at her, not knowing what Steve said to them.

y/n looked at Steve, "we found where you are from. we found your family, and now you are going to them." he told her without looking at her. That what he told them, she was going back to her family.

"After meeting them, come outside," he said and left. "He is just sad that you are going." Nat tried to tell her.

She hugged her, said her goodbye, and then bucky. After them, she hugged Sharon, "I will miss you." she said with a smile.

"I hope you will come to meet us again," Sharon said, but she didn't reply. She would meet Sharon, but not this one.

After that, she went outside, where Steve was waiting for him on a horse. She sat on the horse with him, her back in front of him.

She sighed, no matter how happy she was to go back, but she would miss these people, she spent a month with. Steve didn't say anything. It was bothering her, she can't leave him like that. No matter what, he was Steve, and more than that, he loves her, or should she say loved. He gave her a place in his palace without knowing her, he trusted her, how could she leave, when he was angry with her.

After reaching where he met her first, he got down first and held out his hand to help her, but unlike the first time, she took it. "How will you go back?" Finally, he said something. She started to walk, to find the time machine. It was right there, where she saw it fading. Steve was right behind her.

"So, you are from somewhere else," he asked her. She turned around, "you had doubts?" she said with a smile, which he didn't return.

"Look Steve, and don't you dare to say you are not. Because you are." "I can't leave like that. I am sorry, I know I shouldn't have said that. I just wanted you to hate me." she went towards him. "Whichever Steve you are, I love you. Because you are the same to me. And it hurts, to see you like this, please forgive me." she looked in his eyes.

After looking at her, he hugged her, tightly, as if he didn't want to let her go. She hugged him back and started to cry. "I just hope that Steve realizes how big a mistake he was making by not choosing you. And if Catherine is my version of you, then I will give her a chance because no matter what the world is, y/n deserves to find her love. And if that Steve would not give her love, then this will." he said wiping her tears.

She stood up on her toes, to reach his face and kissed his cheek. "Goodbye Steve" she whispered before going inside the machine.

She inhaled and inserted the mini reactor inside the machine. A moment later everything started to fade, the only thing she saw was him watching her go.

~

Suddenly Tony heard the remote start to beep, telling him, she was coming. And he told Friday to tell Cap and Nat to come to the lab again....