•1

A soulmate

A soulmate.

Everyone has a soulmate. Some people would love to meet their soulmate and others wish they didn't have one. I don't care if I meet mine or not, I just hope my soulmate isn't a douche bag and they are loving. Let me explain this whole soulmate thing. At the age of 16 you get a tattoo only you and your soulmate has the same one. There could be a similar tattoo but it would be slightly different.

My tattoo is a heart with a crack going down the middle with a bandage on top of it. With a J and and C on each sides of the broken heart. So at least I know my soulmate has a J in their name. It's rare to get an initial or a name so I guess some would call me lucky.

I should just tell you about myself. My name is Chunhei and I'm 16. I live in Seoul, South Korea and I don't care if I find my soulmate or not. My mom and my brother think I'm crazy because a part of me doesn't want to find my soulmate. Oh yeah it's just my mom, my older brother, and me. My mom left my dad after having me because he mentally and physically abused us, I think that also why I don't really want to find my soulmate.  I fear that he's going to be like my dad or he won't like me.

"Chunhei are you getting ready for school" My mom yells from downstairts. "shit" I whisper while getting out of bed and getting my supplies together. "OF COURSE MOM IM ALMOST DONE" I yell back while stuffing everything into my backpack.

I run downstairs falling down the last step. "what have I told you about running downstairs" my mom says from the kitchen. "not to" I yell still in the floor. "Yah if you want a ride to school then hurry because I leave in 2 minutes" My brother says while walking out the door. Jerk.

"Okay I don't have time to eat. I love you so much and I'll see you later" I say running up to my mom and kissing her cheek. "Okay love you too and let's hope you find your soulmate" she says while grabbing a plate. I just roll my eyes and walk out the door. She always says this.

The ride to school was boring because my brother had to pick up his girlfriend. "So kiddo have you found your soulmate" His girlfriend asks, personally I don't like her but what can I do they're soulmates. Luckily my brother parks as soon as she asks. "Sorry don't wanna be late" I say while running out of the car and heading to my friends.

"Running from your brothers girlfriend again. How many times has that been now" my best friend, Aecha,  says while hugging her boyfriend. "She asked me about my soulmate again. Everyone knows I hate talking about my soulmate" I say while opening my locker. "True, I mean non of us have seen your tattoo" My other friend, Heeyoung, says. "I still can believe you don't want to at least search for your soulmate" Aecha's boyfriend says. "Yeah finding your soulmate is amazing" Aecha says while looking at her boyfriend. I just roll my eyes while pretending to throw up. "Oh shut up. Hey I wanted to ask how strong is y'all a bond like can y'all hear each others thoughts yet" Heeyoung ask while looking at her tattoo. "Not yet but to be honest I don't want to hear his thoughts" I say looking at my tattoo. The bell rings. Thank god I hate talking about my soulmate.