•22

i just stayed on the swings in the park looking at the sky and counting the stars

i just stayed on the swings in the park looking at the sky and counting the stars. It's something my brother and I would do when mom and dad were fighting.

I just want everything to go back to normal. I don't want a soulmate and I most definitely don't want to live away from my mom and brother. I promised them I would always protect them and here I am at a fucking park and not even living with them.

It's like one day I woke up and everything changed. I look at my tattoo which is on my right wrist. I always hid it with bracelets and hair ties. "Why'd you have to be for him" I whisper tracing the heart with my finger. I take a sip of Pepsi and I see a car approach the park. If it's a kidnapper oh well.

I still just sit still and look at the sky. I hear the foot steps getting closer to me but at this point i don't care. "found you" I hear and I though it was a murder but it was just Jisung. "yay congrats want a cookie?" I say sarcasm dripping from my words even though I didn't mean it in a sarcastic way.

He just stands in front of me with a pissed looked on his face. "What" is all I say looking at him. "Why are you acting like this" He says sitting on the swing next to me. "I feel so alone" I say quietly looking down, not wanting to make eye contact. "There are other girls and Heeyoung who is your best friend is here how do you feel alone" he says and it's like a slap in the face.

"You know what never mind" I say looking at the sky. "Come on I'm your soulmate tell me" he says with an annoying tone. He is getting mad but at this point I just want to cry.

"I feel like what ever this" I point to between him and I "is going to go no where and I feel like at the end day this won't matter because how could you or anyone love me" I say the last part quite. I don't ever open up to anyone and I know this isn't that much but it's more than I ever have.

"Chunhei do you remember when you sat with us? The day we found out we were soulmates?" He says looking at the sky with me. I just hum as a response. "I said I'm sitting with a beautiful girl" he says which now makes me look at him.

"I was talking about you" he says looking at me now. "Chunhei to me you are the most gorgeous girl I've met and I've seen you walk in the walks and you walk with so much confidence and like you don't care about a single thing in the world" he's looking at me in the eyes. "To be honest I've had a crush on you since middle school but one thing lead to another and I joined a gang and I thought I would never be good enough for you" he says which makes my heart flutter.

"how come I didn't know?" I say more to myself but he heard. "We didn't hang out with the same people and I was always to scared to tell you" he says looking back up to the stars.

"And I don't have confidence and I do care about every little thing in the world" I start saying well more like ranting "if someone is laughing I automatically assume they are laughing at me and I change how I'm walking, talking, and I just want to disappear" I say lowering my voice. I'm the most insecure person out of my whole friend group and family.

But he has liked me since middle school. But why? I'm not pretty or amazing. I never get chosen first. I'm not anything special so why does he make me feel special. I know he will leave me everyone does so as much as it pains me I can't get to attached. I just want to know for sure that whatever this is, is gonna last. I mean I guess we are soulmates so it has to last right?

Right?