𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

Jisung's POV

I was finishing up a chapter for my manuscript when I heard someone knock on the door. I placed my fountain pen on top of the paper and turned around. "Come in."

The door opened and revealed Mom holding a tray of cupcakes she baked. "How about some snacks, Ji?" She asked, her voice soft and understanding. "You've been writing for two days now. You should take a break."

I chuckled and stood up to take the tray from her. "Mom, I'm okay, but thanks," I replied. I was going to close the door when she stopped it with her hand.

"What's wrong?"

"Ji, I know you're working hard so that you can update your story, but I hope you still have time for physical self. Why don't you take a walk outside after you're done with the cupcakes?"

I smiled and leaned in to kiss Mom's cheek. "Fine. You should also take a rest. You spent your energy on making these." I said and placed them on top of my study table.

She chuckled. "Don't worry, I will. Thank you for considering my request, Ji." I took a cupcake from the tray and took a bite of it. "It's you, Mom. And you have a point, though."

"Mother knows best." She hummed and closed the door, leaving. I finished up the cupcakes Mom gave me and fixed my things.

I stood up from my chair and opened up my closet, taking out a hoodie from inside it. I slid it on me, making my hair ruffled. I left my bed room with tray Mom gave me and I went to the kitchen to return it.

Mom was busy washing a few plates. I placed the tray near the sink and kissed her cheek. "I won't take long." She smiled while I walked out to the living room. There, I saw my step sister Wonyoung busy on her phone.

She raised her head when she noticed me leaving. "Oh, Jisung oppa, are you going to head outside?" She asked. I nodded as my hand held the door knob. "Yeah, why?"

Wonyoung grinned cheekily. "Can you buy me strawberry milk, please? I'll pay you back." I chuckled and messed up her hair. "I will, and you don't need to repay me. Do you want me to buy a carton?"

Her eyes sparkled. "Really??" I scoffed. "Don't you want me to?" She stood up and hugged me, screeching like a dying unicorn. Geez, this kid, really. "Wahh~! Thank you, Jisungie!" She placed a kiss on my cheek and I pushed her away. "Ah, stop it already."

"Be back with it, okay?" Rolling my eyes, I nodded and left the house. I walked to the nearest convenience store to buy my sister's want. She rarely asks for me to buy her something though. I went inside the store and proceeded to go to the beverage section.

I did take a huge carton of strawberry milk for her and went to the counter to pay for it. The cashier placed it inside a cellophane and I left with it. I decided to go to the nearby park to think about what I should write next in my thirty-third chapter.

I mindlessly walked around the park. There are a few foreigners around since it's just near the airport. I came over a bench and I decided to sit on it. I observed the people walking around the place and I thought that maybe I can put a scene in my book regarding this place.

I pulled my phone out of my jacket's pocket and wrote in my notes about what will happen in this particular scene at the park. Thinking about these sometimes drains my energy. I should be relaxing instead of thinking about what I should write next.

Pulling out my headset, I plugged it in my phone and in my ears then played a favorite song of mine. I closed my eyes and listened to it in peace and quiet. When the song ended, I suddenly felt a presence in front of me. I decided to open my eyes and I nearly dropped the carton of milk.

"Mark hyung?"

He smiled and rubbed my hair. "Ah, Jisung, we meet again." He was wearing a green jacket and was wearing a mask that has been pulled down from his mouth and nose. I feel like I was going to cry but I stopped myself.

Honestly, I missed all of my older brothers. We haven't kept in contact for a few months. Our horrifying adventure became the inspiration for me to start writing my story now.

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked as he sat beside me. I just noticed the luggage he was carrying. "I came back from Canada after a short break." He said with a shrug and a chuckle.

"Well, three months is certainly not a short break. It's quite long." I said and patted his back lightly. "Yeah. Have you kept in touch with the others? Heck, I miss you guys." He said.

I shook my head. "Not really. I was also wondering where they ran off to, but I'm sure they're alive and striving." Mark hyung nodded along with me. He suddenly stood up and stretched his arms.

"Anyway, I gotta go. I still need to go find a hotel to stay at." He started to walk away but I stopped him.

He raised a brow and I explained, "Hyung, you can stay with us. We have a guest room at home. I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind."

He smiled and sighed in relief. "Thanks, Jisung. You sure I won't be a bother? I don't want to add another boulder on your mom." I laughed. "You can look out for yourself. Aren't you an adult now?" He glared at me while I continued to cackle.

He covered my mouth and we walked to our house. "Shut up, Sungie, and let's go. I don't have all day." I chuckled and we walked back to my house.

I knocked on the door and Mark hyung and I took off our shoes. "I'm home!" I announced and went inside. "Oppa, did you bring it?" Wonyoung stood up from the couch and jumped up and down in front of me. Her hair was now tied in pig tails and she changed into a pink shirt and gray shorts.

I brought up the cellophane containing the carton of strawberry milk she asked and gave it to her. "Thank you, oppa! You're seriously the best!" She said and ran to the kitchen, rejoicing. I turned to Mark hyung and he has a curious look on his face.

"You have a little sister?" I nodded and we followed Wonyoung to the kitchen. I told Mark hyung to leave his luggage in the living room. "She's actually my step sister." I replied and saw Mom taking two mugs from the cabinet.

"Uhm, Mom," She raised her head and smiled at me and my companion. "This is Mark hyung. He's a friend of mine. He just came back from Canada and has no place to stay. Can he stay with us until then?"

Mark hyung smiled and bowed. "Hello, auntie." Mom grinned. "Of course. Please be comfortable, Mark. Oh, and don't feel weirded out when my Wonyoung does something stupid. She's strange daily." My sister whined and pouted while drinking her share of milk.

"Thank you so much, auntie. I promise I'll help with everything in the house." Mom waved her hand, chuckling. "You don't need to, but I would appreciate it. You're welcome~." Mark hyung and I went upstairs while he carried his luggage with him.

I scratched my neck and when I turned around to tell hyung that we arrived, he stopped. I raised a brow. "What's wrong, hyung?" I asked. He pointed at me then at his neck. "Is your neck.. okay now?" He slowly asked.

My vision darkened a bit, when I remembered that sizzling wound back then. "Yeah, I'm fine. I don't want to talk about it, hyung," I sighed and he nodded. "Let's just.. try to find the others and we'll hang out." I said and smiled.

He nodded, smiling as well. "You're right." I opened the door to the guest room and helped him inside. "I hope this is enough and comfortable for you to sleep in." Mark hyung patted my shoulder. "Of course it is. Thank you, Jisung."

"No problem. You should rest. You're probably tired from your flight." He chuckled and put his luggage aside. "I sure am." He replied and plopped down on the bed. I went out of the room, my hand still on the knob. "Tell me if you need anything, hyung."

He raised a thumb. "I will. Thanks again, Jisung!" I nodded and closed the door. I sighed and touched the back of my neck, where that scar had been. I scowled and went back inside my room.

God, I wish I could forget the events that happened three months ago.

•••