𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Donghyuck's POV

"These wings weigh so much, God!"

I tried so hard not to swear. What I remember is that I already lost about three feathers while finding my way to my friends and avoiding the seeker and Jaemin.

I knew there was something wrong by the time Jaemin offered us to go in here. Geez, why didn't I trust my gut instinct? Now we're all playing a game inside this museum, trapped in time until we win this game.

This would be endless if we don't know what, why, how to defeat them and our own demons. There are so many holes in the ship. I don't know where to start.

I'm so fed up with this. I literally sucked out all the juice in my brains three months ago and now it has to be used again for this stupid game.

How can this be possibly connected to her when this also has nothing to do with our monsters? They're long fine and at peace but these.. these demons made them weak.

I have a hint that all of this is connected to the past.

Before we even gathered in that rickety old mansion.

If she did pass this to Jaemin, how? When? Especially.. why? Hundreds of questions made up inside my mind and it's making my head hurt.

Honestly, I don't know where floor I am and I tried to find the others in every floor I step on. So far, no one has found me yet.

My friends could be any seeker by now, considering I heard a scream five floors below. These wings are too heavy to even fly.

I finally finished climbing down the stairs and arrived into another floor. All the floors looked like each other. I was readying myself for another search when I saw a faint candlelight in my left.

It was still far from me and I squinted my eyes to get a better view of who was holding that candle. I smiled in relief.

It was Mark hyung.

His eyes landed on me. "Donghyuck?" I ran towards him and hugged him by the time I approached. "Woah, you okay?" He asked in a low voice so that whoever is the seeker won't hear us.

I pulled away. "I'm so glad I found you, hyung." He smiled and patted my head. "Let's search for the others and try to avoid those two devils, okay?" I nodded and we started to walk, searching for the floor.

After a few minutes, we finished and decided to go down to find them. As we were heading to the stairs, we heard footsteps behind us. I glanced at our candles but it didn't flicker nor went out, so as the temperature going down.

It was the seeker.

Mark hyung glanced behind and I saw his face brighten up. "Oh, Hyuck, it's just Jeno." I didn't trust him so I looked at the same direction as he was.

It is Jeno, but the eyes were red.

I grabbed Mark hyung's hand and pulled him down the stairs. "What..! Hyuck!" I huffed. "That was Belphegor! He's the seeker. We have to find a place to hide." I said, panic rushing inside me.

I tried not to notice my tiredness because of the wings and when we arrived in an unknown floor, we stayed there and I searched for a narrow room that we could hide.

I found one a few feet away from the stairs. I pushed Mark hyung inside and I followed. I made sure the edges of our wings that were on the ground are hidden as well.

Mark hyung and I faced each other, silently breathing, waiting for what will happen next; if we got caught or Belphegor found another prey to spy on.

I closed my eyes and silently prayed that he wasn't able to follow us. A few more minutes passed, we didn't hear anything or felt his presence.

I peeked in the hallway of the floor and only saw a dark, empty space. I sighed and motioned my hand. "All clear. Come on, hyung." Mark hyung followed me out of the room and we continued to find the other boys in this floor.

Before we can even examine a room, I stopped when I heard whispers. I looked at Mark hyung beside me and his eyes were wide, indicating he heard those voices too.

The air got cold around us and I didn't think twice on running again. Mark hyung ran alongside me, looking at our candles if they went out or not.

Then Mark hyung's light disappeared.

He immediately pulled out his lighter and lit the candle before ten seconds ran out. The both of us were breathing heavily and we went down to another floor to avoid Jaemin and Belphegor.

If that is.. Belphegor has already found another seeker.

"We can't find them like this." Mark hyung groaned and tried to stomp on the floor loudly but I immediately put my foot on where he was going to hit so he ended up stepping on my precious foot.

I suppressed my whimper and nearly fell on the ground because of the pain. "Hyuck, why did you do that??" Mark hyung asked and helped me regain my balance. I glared at him. "You're going to get their attention if you make noise. What if Belphegor isn't the seeker anymore, huh? Remember, the demons uses our friends' bodies to find us."

After I said that, I thought came into my head.

Using us..

I thought more about this method.. that they are using us. I remembered the rule Jaemin gave; if we do something bad, the demons will consume our body.

My eyes widened. I looked up at Mark hyung.

I just found a piece to the puzzle. With this, we could find more answers to link to this and we can defeat Jaemin, his demons and our own.

He raised a brow at me. "What?" I motioned for him to lean in so I could whisper him what I have theorized.

"Hyung.. I came to think that these demons are indeed using us. I want to know why and what are they using us for." Mark hyung's eyes widened as well and he covered his mouth in shock. "Hyuck, you're a genius."

I waved my hand with creased brows. "Let's not get over ourselves. We already have a piece of this puzzle. We need more evidence." He nodded, agreeing with me.

"Then that means we also have to find the others. Maybe they have a thought, idea or clue that can connect to ours and we can slowly figure this out once and for all."

"Good point, hyung. Now, let's find them." I said and we started to walk.

We heard a scream from a floor below.

It was Renjun's voice.

Mark hyung was going to follow where that voice was when I grabbed his arm before he can make a run for it. "Hyung, what are you doing? You're literally going to either Jaemin or the seeker!"

"I know! But he's our friend, Hyuck. I feel so responsible with your lives. I was so stupid earlier for not realizing Belphegor has possessed Jeno. Just let me protect you guys, please." His eyes started to tear up.

I sighed. "Fine. But we'll run when Renjun isn't what he is." Mark hyung smiled and nodded.

"Deal."

•••