𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

Jeno's POV

"Chenle, stop checking the bushes. It's impossible that Jaemin would be hiding in there!" I called to him while searching near the walls.

"There is nothing impossible now, hyung! Demons are inside us and you think hiding behind a bush and under the ground is impossible? Hell, nah!" I saw one of his feathers fall and it got stuck on the leaves.

I sighed loudly. "I know, Lele, but your wings is what I am worried about," I said. He finally came out of the bushes. I went to him and he has small cuts on his body.

"Look at you." I scolded and helped him stand up from the ground. He just chuckled and gave a smile. "It's okay, hyung. They are not that deep." I sighed. "If you're well, then let's head back inside to search in the rooms."

He nodded. "Alright!" His enthusiasm made me smile. Even though we're stuck in such a tight situation that can only be paid by our deaths, he is still this energetic.

I remembered Donghyuck being that way before all of this happened. He was still happy when she was with us. I hope Jisung will say that he was not in a bad mood while finding for Jaemin. I hate to see Hyuck like that.

Chenle and I entered the house again and the nearest room was the kitchen so we checked if Jaemin was hiding there. There's nothing impossible now so we checked cabinets, drawers and cupboards. We even checked the hidden storage room.

We didn't find him so we proceeded to the room near the staircase. "Oh, hyung, this was your training room!" Chenle exclaimed and pulled up bandages from a chair.

I examined it and saw that he was right. I used to practice here a lot when she wasn't here yet. I abandoned this when she stayed and even though I want to, I had no time because we're too busy trying to solve the problems and mysteries she caused us.

Chenle continued to study the things that I left here while I looked around to find Jaemin. "Ahh, where could he be hiding?" I asked myself in a whisper. I turned to Chenle after finding nothing. "Let's move. He's not here."

He nodded and we went out of my training room. We entered the room where Chenle, Mark hyung and Renjun followed Asmodeus. We checked the folded bed, under it (just in case, really) and the wardrobe that was leaning on the wall.

"Jaemin hyung~. Come out, come out, wherever you are~." I chuckled lightly because of Chenle and we therefore conclude Jaemin is not here.

The ground floor has only less rooms so we took a break on the staircase, trying to collect our thoughts. Or is it just me? Chenle looked like he already accepted our fate even though he's going to leave his old father without no heir behind.

"Chenle," I called and he looked at me. "Your father doesn't have an heir to his fortune. If you get to choose someone, who will it be?" I asked.

He looked down on his hands. "It isn't really my decision, but I hope my father would pass it down to Minju." He said. Isn't she Chenle's personal assistant? That's what I remember.

"Why?" He let out a deep breath. "She showed her loyalty to our family by the time she worked for us. She's really smart and I hate to see her to be only an assistant. Also, before she applied, she studied about the various branches of business my dad has so she's aware of all of it.

"She grew up in an orphanage and got adopted by a loving couple. They died when she was legal enough to live by herself and she started working for us."

I nodded. "I also hope she will take good care of my father when we're gone." He added. I patted his shoulder. "He's going to be okay, Chenle."

He brushed his hair back and sighed. "I hope so, hyung."