𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Renjun's POV

I noticed that Mark hyung didn't want to leave Jisung behind, but Donghyuck and I pulled him by his arms and decided to find another room.

We have a seeker now but there's still no midnight man. We got to hurry. I feel like we're almost there. Our deductions and questions are finally leading us somewhere.

We went inside another room. Jeno and Chenle closed the doors and we placed Mark hyung on the floor. "I.. I left Jisung behind." He said. Is he starting to doubt himself again?

I placed a hand his shoulder. "Hyung, it's not your fault. All of us left him behind. Stop putting all the burden on your shoulders. We had to leave." He sighed and nodded. "You're right. I just.. I feel so responsible for you guys."

"You don't need to be, hyung," The both of us looked at Chenle. "We're scaredy cats ourselves but we can manage." He gave our oldest a smile. Mark hyung slowly lightened up. "Alright. We should get back on where we left."

Donghyuck put his hands on his hips. "Wait.. Where were we again?" He asked, exasperated. Jeno pointed at me. "Renjun hyung asked why the demons needed our body."

We went silent again, thinking for an answer. When I was on my thoughts, that question just flitted in my head after analyzing that our demons will possess our body when we become the seeker and when we lose all our feathers.

Why? And what do they need it for?

I already have another question yet the first one was still left unanswered.

"Mostly in paranormal movies," We diverted our gaze to Mark hyung, "Don't ghosts possess people because they want to get revenge or something?"

"Are you talking about Ghostbusters, hyung?" Donghyuck suddenly brought that movie up. "Oh, sorry, guys. Mark hyung kept mentioning it when we were at the arcade."

Jeno shrugged. "He has a point. Didn't that Rowan guy opened the portal because he wants to take revenge using the ghosts? Maybe that's that."

"Wait, what movie are we talking about?"

"Why are we even talking about ghosts when we're dealing with demons?" I retorted then gasped. "Isn't this what Jisung and I were trying to imply earlier? He said that they're using Jaemin to take revenge on us and I said that it's that time."

"But they're already taking revenge on us right here, right now," He messed up his hair and turned his back on us.

We fell silent when we heard whispers in the distance, also noticing that the air is slowly turning cold. "It's Jaemin," Jeno whispered and slowly stood up from where he was sitting.

As the temperature got colder and the whispers got louder, I can make out the words that was being whispered to us.

"Let's play three games, aye?"

"This night would be fun."

"No one is going to back out."

I removed those words inside my head and looked at the others. "We have to get out of here." Mark hyung nodded and we gathered around the door. He opened it quickly and when we saw no one, we dashed outside, dragging each other.

I looked at my friends and saw that we were complete.

My candlelight was blown out and I stopped in my tracks to light it again.

"Six.."

"Five.."

The light eventually came back and Jaemin disappeared. I immediately caught up with the others so that I won't be the seeker.

We resided inside a room for the nth time. While Jeno and I were closing the door, I saw Azazel walking towards us. "Uh, Mark hyung, should we leave or stay? Azazel's here."

We went out of the room and turned to walk away, but Hyuck remained in his place near the room where we're supposed to stay. "Hyuck! What are you doing?!"

"You go ahead and take Jisung with you!" He said and waited for Azazel to touch him. Mark hyung rushed to Hyuck and made him look at him. "I'm not going to let that happen."

"No!"

Azazel touched Mark hyung and said those two words again,

"You're 'it'."

Donghyuck cursed repeatedly while pulling Jisung, five of his feathers falling off from his wings. The two followed us and we went downstairs until we reached another floor, going inside a new room.

The tanned male placed our youngest on the floor. After that, he started punching the wall. "I'm so sorry, Mark hyung." I heard him mumble and he fell on his knees.

Chenle tried to pat his back, but ended up doing it on his shoulders because of the wings. "It's okay, hyung. Let's just focus on defeating Jaemin and our demons, then we won't have to worry someone being possessed by somebody." Donghyuck agreed and we formed a circle in the middle of the dirty room.

"Where are we again?" Jeno asked and tried to remember where we left off. Chenle made motions with his hand. "The revenge thingies." He said. "Oh, right."

"I don't think the demons just want to take revenge on us," Hyuck said with his fingers on his forehead, thinking thoroughly. "I think they want more."

"But we're the only ones who messed with them that it's reasonable they should take revenge. Other paranormal geeks would have done the same thing but we did three games at the same time." I replied.

"Maybe they want to take control over us." I rolled my eyes at Chenle. "They already are." He shook his head. "No. I mean.. not just us. I'm talking about the whole of humanity."

Everyone fell silent. "Okay, what the h—" I threw my extra candle at Hyuck before he could even finish swearing. "Shut it, Hyuck. You're loosing too much feathers." I said, picking up the candle beside him.

"And how is that a possibility?" Jisung asked from beside Chenle. Donghyuck snapped his fingers. "Alright, maybe I'm wrong but you know, the Devil wanted world domination — I think that's not the term but you know what I mean — and control over living things even before Adam and Eve ate that particular fruit from the tree.

"Also, the Devil put Jesus in a test when He was fasting for days and gave Him choices such as 'I will give you the world if you worship me' or was it just Jerusalem? I don't know, but it sounded like that. He kept telling either Jesus or God to render the throne to him,"

He paused for suspense. "He wanted Evil to take over the world." He finally finished.

"Then where are we in this picture?" Hyuck's smirk got wider. "The Devil used people to bring Evil on Earth. Maybe these demons are his servants to possess us so they can bring Evil in here."

"But why us?" Another question was thrown. I stared at the floor as I answered, "Because we called their powerful spirits and.." I stopped. I don't know. I'm so confused right now.

"Or.." We looked at Jisung. "We're powerful enough to handle such Evil that we're the ones sent by the Devil?"

Hyuck rubbed his face and raised his arms. "Congratulations, guys. We're almost there." He said and started singing the song 'Almost There' from 'The Princess and the Frog'.

The door burst open and we immediately stood up from the floor. Jaemin was there with fury red eyes, Satan behind him.

"You're indeed almost there," He said, his voice still terrifying. "But you still don't know how to defeat us!"

They went inside and I pushed the youngers outside the door. "Get out! Hurry! Go find another room!" I shouted.

"Renjun hyung, what about you?" Jisung asked, his face and voice etched with worry. I gave them a smile. "Take Mark hyung with you."

I took Mark hyung's hand and pushed his body to them as soon as Satan said,

"You're 'it'."

•••