Someone to talk to

Peridot sat quietly for a good hour watching her show while slowly finishing her food while trying to distract from the pains she felt the night before. In an off but pleasant way, it was working. Peridot was able to just focus on the comfort of the blankets around her, the show playing on the TV and the feeling of being protected by Lapis who sat beside her. However, being distracted from your problems never lasts. Soon enough, the thought kept reappearing in Peridot's mind causing the depressed feeling from the trauma to begin to come back to her. She could see her hands begin to shake and tears well up in her eyes. She looked around to remind herself that she was home safe, but it was no use.
Lapis noticed Peridot beginning to panic and went over to sit near her on the couch.

      "Hey Peri, are you alright? You're shaking," Lapis said reaching a hand out, offering to place it on her shoulder. Peridot accepted the show of affection and spoke up. "Yeah.. kinda... I-I just need someone to talk to.." Peridot responded in a hushed and anxious tone.

      "What's it that's bothering you?" Lapis asked sitting next to Peridot and beginning to massage her shoulders to comfort her.

"I-I don't know... I just- I don't know. I'm still confused. What did I do wrong? Why did this have to happen?" Peridot asked as tears began to roll down her face.
Lapis gently wiped away her tears with her thumb and pulled the distraught girl into her arms as a few tears of her own formed in her eyes. "Nothing, Peridot. You didn't deserve that. You never did," Lapis said running fingers gently through her hair.
Peridot nuzzled into the embrace letting out her whimpers while Lapis stroked her hair and rubbed her upper back.
"I now just feel it hard to trust people at this point. I don't want that to happen again? Why was I violated like that?" She asked sobbing. "I just wanted her to leave me alone.." she said.
       "And she should have listened! I can't believe she thinks she can just take advantage of you like some sort of object. Did she not hear you? You asked her to stop and she didn't. Your body is yours to give, but not hers to take. She should have respected that you didn't want that." Lapis went on. "It's horrible, but you're still a person. She can't take that right away from you," Lapis said brushing her hand across Peridot's tear-stained cheek.
     "How are you so understanding about this?" Peridot asked looking back up at Lapis. Lapis looked back down at her then hastily looked away as more tears formed in her eyes and rolled down her cheeks.
"Lapis? A-Are you ok?" Peridot asked hugging Lapis.
"Peridot, you weren't the only one who had been raped," Lapis said nuzzling her head into Peri's hair and hugging her tighter.
"W-What? Who did that?!" Peridot asked looking back up at Lapis.
"It was back when I was dating Jasper. She wanted sex, but I didn't. She forced me to do those things with her against my will and when I cried and sobbed the next morning, she said I was overreacting. I know now that she was never entitled to my body or yours. She belongs behind bars," Lapis said petting Peridot's hair and trying to fight back the tears. She took a deep breath and sat back up and wiped away her tears.
       "But, that's in the past. Right now, we need to focus on making sure you're ok," Lapis said then getting caught off guard by Peridot practically throwing herself into a hug with her.
      "Lapis, I'm so sorry that happened!" Peridot said holding onto her as if her life depended on it. "You didn't deserve that either, Lapis."

"Hah.. c'mere you," Lapis said laying Peridot back down on the heated blanket and placing her head on her lap while she gently massaged her temples and forehead. Peridot's gaze lowered as she began to grow tired, but just as she was about to drift off, she said "Lapis?"
"Yes, Peri?" Lapis asked still in a more quiet tone.
"I'm glad I have someone to talk to," Peridot said falling asleep in the comfort of her blankets, and Lapis.

A/N: boi that took a whole day. Anyway, imma write the next chapter in a bit, rn I need to do some homework.