•PART_19•

Happy reads!
___√___

"Is everything packed for tommorow?", Prena asked while chewing on her gum

"Yeah almost, just help me shut it, will you?", I groaned as I pushed the suitcase bag shut.

Trust me, it's the most agonizing moment during packing.

"Side please", she pushed me aside as she flopped herself over the suitcase bag.

"WTH are you trying to do, get down this instant", I pulled her down not before she zipped the suitcase bag off.

"Done there", she said while dusting the invisible dirt off her hand.

"Overacting", I rolled my eyes.

"You're welcome", she retorted.

"So tell me Nandini, what's going to be your excuse of leaving the house as the same day as ours?", I sarcastically asked.

"Well, I can always say that I'm visiting one of those authors reading that I was talking about", Prena shrugged.

"Hell no! Authors reading? Seriously? It's not gonna cover for this whole 2weeks, idiot!", I hissed.

"But you can say na that you're staying over at your friend's house since you have to travel for a different place?", She suggested.

"And moreover, I won't be here so you staying back is of no use, if you know what I mean", she grinned.

"Well, we can always try", I sighed.

"Well then you can go talked with my mom because I already cleared half of the escaped plan for you, now go shoo", she pushed me for the door.

"What did you exactly talked to her about?", I narrowed my eyes.

"That I would be gone by tomorrow morning and you will be alone back here without anyone to chill with. So, I may or may not told her about the authors reading", she said sheepishly.

"Oh damn", I cursed and left the room in search of Aunt Veena.

"Good luck!", I heard her screamed.

Knock! knock!

Aunt Veena opened her bedroom door as I stood outside nervously chewing my nails.

"Nandini? Something's up?", Aunty smiled.

"Yeah, actua---Why don't you come inside?", She opened the door wide to let me see Uncle Rajesh rummaging through the wardrobe.

"Sure", I stepped inside as Uncle noticed me and smiled.

"What brought you here, little one?", Uncle asked as Aunty took a spot in the bed beside me.

"Umm.. actually I want to talk about the---Little trip you're planning to go to tommorow?", He interrupted.

Way to burst my confidence level, uncle.

"Yes", I confessed as silence spread in the room.

"Only if you don't mind leaving on such a short notice", I said scratching my neck nervously.

Oh shut up, will you? You don't even give a flying fuck about what they think as you have no other choice, My subconscious mind taunts.

"How long will you be gone?", Aunt Veena asked.

"2 weeks roughly as soon as Prena returned from her..umm..holiday, I'll be back too"

Or you could say as soon as I returned back from the 'holiday'.

"Don't you feel at home here, honey?", Aunt Veena gave a sad smile.

"Obviously I do, it's just that I thought I'll attend the event and stay a few days at Navya's house as her birthday is around the corner too", I said.

"Very well then, you can go as you wish and let us know if you need anything", Uncle smiled.

"Thank you!", I squealed as I throw myself at them for a hug.

"Have fun, honey", Aunt Veena laughed as I released them from the hug.

"I will", I nodded as I opened the door and stepped outside

"Finally!", Prena whisper yelled, making me jumped up.

"What the- you made me scared", I breathe.

"How did it go? I couldn't hear most of the things Dad was blabbering about", Prena huffed.

"You were eavesdropping, you snitch", I scowled.

"Duhh!", She shrugged.

"Well, they agreed to let me go tommorow even though your idea of excuse is lame", I spoke.

"Whatever", she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Let's finish up the remaining packing", she pulled me towards my room.

"What about yours?", I questioned.

"I already did, yesterday night", she grinned.

She sure is excited for her audition.

"Let's pack then", I said while we entered my room.

"You checked the bathroom and I'll checked the wardrobe if there's anything left", she pointed at the wardrobe then at the bathroom door.

"Okay boss", I opened the cupboards of the bathroom to picked certain necessary things.

"Are you don----", I halted at my steps when I saw Prena pulled the jar of fireflies off the wardrobe's top.

Shit.

"Wow, where have you got this?", Prena asked looking at my  jar with awe.

A gift that Manik got for Prena. Not you, my subconscious mind reminded me.

"Huh?", I asked pretending I haven't heard her question.

Please ditch the question.

"Nevermind", she spoke, putting the jar back on the wardrobe top. I released the breathe that I didn't know I was holding in.

"I'm done, are you?", I asked to divert her mind from the jar.

"Yeah", she took a last glanced at the jar then looked at me.

How much more am I going to lie to her?

____✓____
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Thanks for waiting for the late update, guys.

What do you think gonna happen in the holiday?

Is anyone going to fall in love? Or
Going to find out the truth?

Well till then-
Vote, Comment, Share and Follow.

P.S: HAPPY BIHU ❤️

_nidedita_