Chapter Two

Sunako had not expected the Battle Center to be so massive and intimidating. It was a replica of a city, meant to simulate real battle. Of course, she had been told what kind of exam will take place and obviously, for a hero exam, she and plenty of others would have to use their quirk in order to fight, rescue, and show off their abilities in order to pass. She was not overly nervous to the point of diminishing her determination and will power. Only this made her even more motivated to absolutely do her best.

Standing outside of the gigantic, metal gates with the others while waiting for the exam to commence, she observed the people around her carefully. There was no doubt that they prepared for this as much as she did. They were confident, determined, and skilled just as she is. Few were chatting and boasting to the others, though a pair had caught her attention. A boy with dark, unruly, curls was talking rather loudly with another boy built almost twice his height. Even from the distance she could sense his nervousness, though even from this information, Sunako decided not to underestimate not a single person that she would compete against with.

A loud, booming voice interrupted her from her deep thoughts. It was coming from a man with yellow, spiked hair.

"As it says in the application requirements. You listeners, will be conducting a ten minute mock urban battles after this!"He yelled animatedly in the microphone he's holding.

Ten minutes? That was hopefully enough time for her to acquire the amount of points she needed.

"Three different types of faux villains are stationed in each battle center. You earn points for each of them based on their level of difficulty. Your goal, dear listeners, is to use your quirks to earn points by immobilising the faux villains."
The man continued.

I prepared my stance to run in, waiting for the gates to open. Many others did the same, heart pounding with anticipation. The gates had finally opened after a few tense moments, and this caused all of us dash in, eager to fight the faux villains and earn points. After a few seconds of running inside, people scattered in their own directions, trying to find a villain. I, however, turned down a lane a few paces forward. I slowed to a stop searching and waiting for a villain. Fortunately, this street was only occupied by a few people that could be counted with fingers.

A rumble startled me from the back, I turned to the source of sound, only to find a robot like machine sliding to stop in front of me, its left arm had the number '3' written in it.

"Target acquired. Ready for extermination." it said, turning towards me.

I put my hands up, a red orb started to softly glow from my palms, a few strands of its light circled my fingers as my quirk activated. Red, glowing waves spread through the robot's body, halting its movements toward me. I lifted it in the air, a few feet above the ground, then I moved my left arms sideways. As my arm moved, the robot's upper body had been torn from its lower part, tearing it in half.

As I had just finished off the robot, a 1-pointer robot came from the alley between the buildings. It approached me quickly. But just before it did, I threw the remaining upper and lower body of the previous robot I had torn apart. It collided with the moving robot, its front face had been dented badly, smoke started to rise from the damage of its body. Dropping my arms and letting go of my hold of the robot's shattered pieces, I finished it off when I threw my arms backwards, creating a spinning, red, glowing orb, I thrusted my arms forwards the robot, throwing it back a couple of feet away.

In a little less than a minute I had successfully gained 4 points. It would simply not do. I ran into another street where a couple of people were fighting plenty of the faux villains. I decided to step in and maybe steal a bit. It is of course, a battle for points. Seeing two 3-pointer robots coming from the front, I ran towards it to acquire them, but when I saw the tall guy wearing glasses, I quickened my pace. But on his legs were engine like turbo boosters making him faster than the speed that I was running. I could tell that his stance were to kick the robots onwards. Before he could do that however, I caught his body and flung him a few feet away, enough distance for me to get to the robots first.