Chapter Nineteen

Sunako listened to the chatter of her classmates. She sat in her seat in silence as she watched some of her classmates sulk about the practical exams. She looked at her friend, Kirishima, sitting in front of her. His usual cheery loudness was toned down into nervous mumbling.

She leaned forward and tapped him on his shoulder. Kirishima looked behind him and saw Sunako smiling at him.

"Kirishima, no need to worry, I bet UA wouldn't let talented students like you be held back. I bet that they have a surprise as usual." Sunako tried to comfort him.

"Really? You really think so?" Kirishima asked her.

"Yeah, I'll bet my first-born child on it." Sunako jokingly said.

Kirishima spluttered in surprise. Eyes wide and hands waving.

"Y-you don't need to, Sunako-chan!" He said.

Sunako chuckled at him and leaned back in her seat. Sunako looked behind her and glanced at Shouto. He was staring at an empty space again as usual. But he lifted his eyes and placed them on hers.

Sunako blushed a little for getting caught staring and waved at him. He gave her a light, barely noticeable smile and gave her a small wave. She turned around in her seat and faced the front.

The door slammed open and Aizawa-sensei stepped inside the classroom.

"Once the bell rings, get in your seats."

In a flash, all of the remaining students whom were not in their seats hurriedly sat down faster than a cheetah after its prey.

"Unfortunately, there are those who didn't pass the exams. Accordingly, for the training camp in the woods..." Everyone held their breaths in anticipation. "...Everyone's going!"

"A last minute twist!"

"We can go too?!"

"Really?!"

Ashido almost sobbed in relief, while Kaminari and Kirishima yelled in happiness.

"Yeah. Some failed, but no one failed the written exam. In the practical, Kirishima, Kaminari, Ashido, Sato and Sero failed. For this time's exam, we on the villain side made sure to leave a way for the students to win while watching to see how you all would take on the task at hand. If we hadn't, most of you would've gotten stuck before the exam started." Aizawa-sensei said.

"So, when you said you were out to crush us..."

"That was to make you feel cornered. In the first place, the training camp is one to increase your strength. So these who failed need it. They have to get stronger. It was...a rational falsehood."

Iida suddenly stood up and raised his hand at the moment Aizawa-sensei finished speaking.

"However, since you lied to us twice, our trust in you will waver!" Iida said.

"Wow, you're being a wet blanket, Iida." Sunako heard Uraraka say.

"That's true. I'll consider that. But I wasn't lying about everything, failure is failure." Aizawa-sensei said.

"Dismissed." Aizawa-sensei said in finality.

The school bell rang and the Class of 1-A left to eat at the cafeteria.

Shouto walked with his usual seatmates on the way to their table. He sat in between Midoriya and Iida and ate their food.

He ate silently as he listened to his friends talk. He looked around the cafeteria in search of a certain red haired girl.