Chapter Five

"Keep those boulders steady, Hamada ."

Sunako groaned through the headache as she pushed her hand forward.

The red, glowing stream of light flickered a bit as Sunako's attention was distracted by her teacher.

Sunako has her right hand outstretched towards the mountain wall and her left arm was keeping the four fairly huge sized boulders afloat. Red wisps encircled her fingertips as her hand shook from exhaustion.

"Watch out!"

Sunako halted her stream of energy, she looked sideways and immediately threw her right hand up, a red, transparent force field appeared in front of her.

Kirishima crashed into the force field, back first into it. He straightened himself up and turned to Sunako.

"Sorry, Sunako!" Kirishima exclaimed.

Sunako only waved him off and turned back on her work.

One of the wisps that was holding one of the boulders flickered, Sunako immediately held out her right hand and steadied it. She sighed and slowly let go of her hand.

Sunako thrusted her right hand into the direction of a small puddle nearby. Red wisps flowed out of her hand and floated to the puddle, the wisps stayed atop of the puddle, then went under.

Sunako curled her middle and ring finger and slowly retracted her hand towards her.

The surface of the puddle waved slightly, it only moved erratically when the familiar red wisps resurfaced up top.

Sunako completely drew her hand back towards her, dirty and murky water floated up in mid air as it obediently followed her wisps. She turned back to quickly glance at the four boulders floating in mid air to check if they're still in the same stable position.

With a motion of her hand, the water began to swirl in the middle, creating a scene similar to that of a tornado.

Sunako watched, amazed at her own capability and ability. She dropped her hand, and along with it, the water seized up and fell down to the ground.

Sunako glanced at her palm, she clenched her teeth and tightened her hand into a fist. She opened it again and let a glowing orb appear.

She suddenly thrusted her right hand in the direction of the boulders. The orb left her palm and split into four, hitting the boulders individually. The boulders exploded into pieces and fell to the ground.

It's not enough.

Sunako took a sharp intake of breath in frustration.

If that person really does come here, then I would have to do more than this.

Sunako looked up at the cloudy sky. She gazed intently at the thick cloud hanging above her head.

How far can I go?

The cloud looked pretty low enough from the atmosphere.

Sunako straightened herself up and lifted herself off of the ground, once she gained enough height, she blasted herself off into the air, ascending up and up until she could feel the wind pick up.

"Huh? Sunako! Where is she going?!"

Sunako kept a steady pace as she ascended, she tried her hardest to go against the current of the wind as she got higher in altitude. She could almost see the cloud get closer to her.

Her figure disappeared inside of the cloud, leaving the others whom have seen her in anxiety and anticipation.

Shouto snapped his gaze out of focus. He had been practicing his dual quirks inside of a water filled drum. But he stopped when he heard what Kirishima had said. He stepped out of the drum quickly and went over to his position.