Chapter Eight

Shouto clenched his hand into a fist as he silently sighed. He had been standing outside of the door for a few minutes now, but to him, it felt like it had been hours.

Hijikata-san had went out the door and called for him a little while ago, ever since he had been left alone with his thoughts, he started to have an internal battle with his self.

I'm mad. Why am I mad? What am I even mad about?

Those were the questions that Shouto had been torturing himself with. He couldn't stay still ever since Sunako had been pulled out of the forest. Out of all his classmates that had fallen victim to the villains, Sunako was the one he was most anxious about.

I told her so many times. To come to me, where was she?

Shouto shook his head at the mean thought. He shouldn't be angry at her.

No, where was I?

He forced his mind to silence itself. He placed a hand on the door knob and slowly turned it.

The chilled air inside the room hit him in the face first, then second comes the smell of clean, sanitized air. The air somehow calmed him a bit, but the exhilarating feelings he had a few seconds ago all came back when his gaze landed on the red haired girl sitting on the edge of the bed.

The girl lifted her head when she heard the door open, Shouto stayed still at the doorway as the two made eye contact. Shouto felt his chest tighten, the sight of her well being doing all right made the heavy bearings on his shoulders lift.

Sunako cleared her throat awkwardly and said, "You can come in, Shouto." She said, smiling a bit at him. However, the boy did not return the smile.

Shouto closed the door behind him and stood near her bed. His gaze held something that Sunako cannot read. But his eyebrows were prominently scrunched together.

The two sat in silence, Sunako broke their gaze as she slowly began to felt nervous under his stare.

"Would you ever tell me what happened?" Shouto asked her with a bit of a bite to his tone.

"Did you know how I found you? You were unconscious near this...this man laying passed out." He said as his fingers started to curl.

"I was so worried that the explosion injured you, or worse, got you killed!" Shouto was starting to raise his voice.

Sunako just sat there and let him say the words that he needed to say.

"Then I found out that Aizawa-sensei was clueless of why that man took you. It's because you didn't tell him event though you told me you did!" Shouto's voice wavered as his emotions started to overwhelm him.

"I know you were scared, Sunako. But you have to get it through your head that you are not alone." Shouto said a bit less angrily.

He sat down at the foot of the bed and sighed.

"Everytime that I want to help you with your troubles it always feels like you're trying to run away." Shouto said quietly.

Sunako let silence sit for a few minutes before deciding to speak.

"I was trying to get to you, you know? But I didn't know where you were." Sunako said with her head hung low, staring mindlessly into the floor.

"When I found out that there were a bunch of other villains out there too, I decided that I could handle that man alone." Sunako said, lifting her head and glancing at Shouto.

She turned her body and placed a hand lightly to his shoulder.

"And I did. I was right with my decision, and I don't regret it. Because if I ran away, I would've led him to cause more destruction." Sunako told him, Shouto lifted his head and locked eyes with her.