Chapter One

Ring..
Ring..
Ring..

This person cannot be reached. Please try again later.

Shouto sighed and closed his phone. He shut the locker and leaned against it. It has been a few days since summer vacation has started, and ever since, Sunako had not been responding to him. Today, the class of 1-A gathered together at the school's pool area to 'train'. Shouto asked Sunako through text if she was going, but he never got a reply.

"Todoroki, Is there something wrong?" He heard Midoriya ask him quietly. He pushed himself off of the cold, metal locker and turned to the boy.

"Sunako hasn't been responding to me for the past few days. I'm starting to think there's something wrong." Shouto admitted to him. He crossed his arms and frowned.

"W-well, was she upset when you last saw each other?" Midoriya wondered.

"I'm pretty sure she wasn't. Last time I saw her was when she went to the mall with you, Kirishima and the others." He said.

He and Midoriya walked out of the room and into the pool outside. They were met with many others of their classmates doing various things.

"Oh, well if that's the case, let's ask Kirishima." Midoriya looked around for the red haired boy.

"Kirishima-kun!" Midoriya called out. Said boy turned away from Sero and walked over to the two.

"Hey, guys! Glad we could all make it! Let's do well in practice!" Kirishima said excitedly.

"Kirishima, have you talked to Sunako lately?" Shouto asked the boy suddenly, the frown never leaving his face.

"Hm? Oh no, I haven't. She isn't here either. Why, Todoroki-kun?" Kirishima replied.

"She hasn't been responding to me at all. She was with you last, right? At the mall." Shouto asked him.

"Oh yea, the mall! Well it may have something to do with it."

"What does that mean?" Shouto raised a brow in question.

"It's nothing really serious, but Kaminari and I saw her with this shady guy back then. She didn't look too happy." Kirishima said, scratching the back of his head in nervousness.

Kaminari joined the red haired boy and gasped.

"Ooh, yeah. What if it was her ex or something? They were pretty close." Kaminari joked, but Shouto tensed up at it.

Kirishima nudged Kaminari's arm.

"Idiot! Don't say things like that!" He said.

"Anyway, we were about to go down there to help, but the guy left before we even got to the escalator. We couldn't find Sunako-chan after that."

Shouto's frown deepened. Midoriya glanced at his friend and waved his hands while nervously chuckling.

"It-it probably wasn't! We shouldn't assume things like this!" Midoriya tried to diffuse the tension.

Shouto sighed, causing Midoriya to flinch on anticipation.

"Midoriya's right, we shouldn't assume things." He said, but the tension in his jaw and shoulders still remained.

Kirishima stood there clueless before grinning. "Well then, let's go train!" He ran off with Kaminari on his tail.

Midoriya turned to Shouto, and leaned to say, "Todoroki-kun, I'm sorry, but I won't be of much help in things like this."

Shouto stayed silent, still deep into his thoughts.

"Maybe you should talk to someone who you know could help you. I-I'm sure there's someone!" Midoriya continued.