Chapter Two

"Sunako-chan! Good morning!"

Sunako flinched a bit at the sudden voice of her friend. It was currently early in the morning and the class of 1-A was gathered just outside of the building.

"Morning, Kirishima." Sunako greeted him, though lacking the enthusiasm her friend has.

"Bad morning?" Sunako heard someone speak from behind her.

Sunako turned around and saw Shouto, he looked fresh and awake, almost opposite of herself.

"The sleep was good, but it's lacking." Sunako replied, pouting while rubbing her right eye.

"Did you stay up, then?" Shouto asked,  he could see the mild heaviness in Sunako's eyes.

"Yeah, only for two hours though. I found this really cool documentary about how scientists experimented with nuclear stuff. And somehow it got me thinking that my energy blasts are kind of similar to it. I still can't comprehend it though." Sunako explained, the puffiness of her eyes were beginning to subdue.

"You concluded that in one night?" Shouto asked.

"Um..I think so? I wouldn't say it like that, because I still can't understand most of it. And there's a lot." Sunako muttered the last part to herself.

"Oh, it reminds me that I still have to research about my 'molecular manipulation'." Sunako said, groaning a bit at the realisation.

"Molecular manipulation?"

"You know, the thing." Sunako whispered to him.

"What 'thing'?" Shouto continued to press.

"The thing that happened at the sports festival. I could control really small stuff too. Like dust, fire or water. Just something visible." Sunako said, motioning with her hands.

Shouto muttered a small 'Oh.' before quietly chuckling to himself.

"What? Did you just chuckle?" Sunako asked, dumbfounded.

"Nothing, I just realised that you could be such a nerd sometimes." Shouto told her.

"E-eh? Well sometimes I forget that you could be a bit dense sometimes." Sunako retorted, crossing her arms.

Shouto raised his eyebrows in surprise, but before he could reply, Iida spoke up to everyone.

"Class A's bus is this way! Line up in seat order!"

"Oh, I'm with Shoji, How about you?" Sunako asked Shouto.

"I'm with Aoyama. I'm just a row away from you." He replied.

"I'm probably going to sleep, that is if puffhead isn't too loud." Sunako said, walking inside of the bus.

In truth, after her conversation with Shouto that day, the cold fear that shoots up anxiety in her system calmed down a bit. It's not like she just chose to disregard it, but Sunako felt assured at the words that Shouto said to her. She has a good feeling for their training camp this week.

❦︎