Chapter Four

"The first match of the second round! We have Izuku Midoriya versus Shouto Todoroki!"

Sunako had woken up a few moments ago, and Recovery girl released her after making sure that the bleeding had stopped. Sunako feels normal now, the headache had gone down, her nose stopped bleeding. But the warmth still clung to her skin. She now sat with her classmates waiting for the fight to start.

"Sunako, how are you? Did you visit Recovery girl already?" Uraraka asked from beside her.

"I'm okay now, my nose isn't bleeding anymore as you can see. And yes, I did." Sunako replied, gesturing to her nose. Uraraka's eyes were puffy and slightly red. Sunako guessed she must have been crying, she chose not to question it.

"Ready, Start!"

As soon as the fight started, Todoroki instantly sent a strong wave of ice towards Midoriya. In defence, Midoriya raised his hands, flicked a finger that sent a huge pressure of air, countering Todoroki's ice.

"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!"

Todoroki stood for a moment, then proceeded to send another wave of ice toward his opponent. Midoriya did the same action as he did earlier, only this time with a different finger.

"He stopped it again!"

Todoroki sent another attack, unrelenting and merciless. Midoriya broke one of his fingers again to stop the attack.

"This is not good, Midoriya will surely receive more damage from his own quirk than Todoroki's attack. He needs to find another way to fight." Sunako muttered. She observed that Midoriya started to slowly break his fingers one after the other.

"But...surely Todoroki will tire out soon enough, his quirk couldn't possibly hold no side effects." Uraraka said.

Sunako didn't reply, her classmate was right, there must be a setback to Todoroki's quirk. But at this scale, he isn't even using his full power.

Todoroki began to run forward, ice following his path and emerging from his feet. He dropped in front of Midoriya, punching his spot, but Midoriya dodged just in time and leaped to a different spot.

"Todoroki doesn't recoil from Midoriya's  attack and gets in close!"

Todoroki sent a wave of ice toward Midoriya, who uses another one of his broken fingers to counter the attack.

"Todoroki keeps attacking with overwhelming power!"

Sunako noticed that Todoroki's attack began to slow. And the size of his ice began to get smaller in scale. That's where Sunako understood that Todoroki did have a weakness. His body probably couldn't take that much low temperature. She looked closer and notice frostbites clinging to his skin. An endurance battle might help her win against him if ever, but she knew that Todoroki is a smart person and he would surely find another way to fight if he started to slow down.

By now, the two in the battle field started to fight in close range. Pushing, punching each other until Midoriya punched Todoroki in his guts. Todoroki recoiled, he stood in a distance away from his offender. Midoriya started to shout at him.

"Come at me with everything you've got!"

The air silenced, and the world stood still. Todoroki lifted his head up, fire began to emit from his skin. Fire erupted from his left side, giving his face a soft orange glow. Sunako sat mesmerized. She thought that his fire was beautiful, until she snapped back to reality. His fire is dangerous, filled with rage and purpose. Sunako didn't want to face his fire, but the warmth in her skin told her so otherwise, it increased tenfold.