Chapter Eighteen

"You ready for this?"

Sunako and Jirou stood in the center of their prepared stage. They were surrounded with tall trees, and rocks laying on the ground. No matter how hard Sunako squints, she cannot catch a glimpse of the exit of the stage, same goes for Present Mic.

"Where do you think Present Mic-sensei is?" Jirou asked her, looking around the area.

"He's probably somewhere near the exit, guarding it or something." Sunako replied quietly.

"Either way, he will show himself to us or we find him." Sunako added.

"I'll fly up and see where the exit or Present Mic is, I'll come back down if I see anything." Sunako told Jirou, who nodded in return.

When Sunako raised her hands, the familiar red orbs emitting red wisps appeared. A red glow surrounded her body as Sunako started to lift herself upwards. Jirou looked in surprise and in awe. Sunako's figure started to get smaller and smaller as Sunako flew up past the treeline. Once Sunako got into the perfect position that overlooked past the top of the trees, she stayed hovering in the air.

Sunako looked around for the exit, she turned around in circles for the exit decorated with sign boards. Sunako paused as she caught sight of it. She squinted and looked harder, she could make out a slender figure sporting a yellow updo.

"YEAH!"

Before Sunako could properly comprehend about what's to come next, she was caught off guard by a loud, almost mind blowing boom of a voice. Sunako winced in pain and held her palms over her ears. By doing so, the red wisps covering her body disappeared and she dropped from the air. 

Even though she managed to lessen the impact of her fall by blasting a force to the ground to slow her body down, Sunako still hit the ground hard enough to stay immobilised. The two girls held their hands over their ears to atleast drown out the loud sound. When it died down, Sunako remained laying on the ground in pain.

Her ears were ringing and her head was hurting. Sunako groaned in pain and sat up, Jirou helped her get back on her feet and patted some dirt that got on to her.

"Well that's him. What do we do now?" Jirou asked her.

"I don't know if my force field can stop it, so there's only one way to find out." Sunako replied, still out of breath.

"It would be too dangerous if I fly both of us towards the exit, He could strike again, and he covers a lot of area both on the ground and in the air." She added.

"COME OUT!"

"Here it goes!" Sunako quickly lifted her hands, and a red, transparent wall of her force field appeared and engulfed them in a sphere.

The sound was more bearable now, they didn't felt the need to cover their ears. However, they could feel the vibration of the ground from the powerful sound Present Mic emitted.

"We should move!" Jirou shouted over the sound.

"Come on!" Sunako replied.

The two ran against the sound waves, Sunako could feel her head throbbing in pain as she continued to use her quirk, but she pushed herself further despite the pain.

When the sound died down, Sunako and Jirou stopped running and took a small break. Sunako sat down in a fairly sized rock and held her head.

"You good?" Jirou asked her.

"Yeah. I'm just a bit shaken up. We should go." Sunako said, standing up and continued running towards Present Mic's direction.

Jirou followed after her, keeping the same pace as they did before.