《t h r e e》

LET'S BE HAPPY  ]

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

         THE next day came far too quickly, Hyejin was still in a state of shock. "Funny how yesterday morning I was pissed about my serve getting received effortlessly by Jaehwa." She spoke to no one in particular. She was sitting alone in her hospital room, the white walls felt suffocating.

She wanted to runaway and go towards the court of her college. She wanted to jump, to fly and play. She wanted to annoy her team captain by her spikes. She wanted nothing more than her knee to heal miraculously and play volleyball. She loved it no end. It was maybe this reason she never got a boyfriend, she was too focused on volleyball to have a relationship.

Today the doctor said he would do the surgery. It was scheduled at seven in the evening giving her less than ten hours to pounder about it. She was scared, she never experienced a surgery even though hospital was her second home considering her clumsiness.

"What's gotten you all worked up?"

Taeyong yet again emerged from thin air making her yelp in suprise, "God! Will you stop doing that?" Taeyong only giggled at her reaction. His laugh made her feel in some type of way. She wasn't alone, he was there. Even though it was the second day she had talked to him, he grew on her making her feel as if they were bestfriends since childhood, weird or maybe it was the first time she held a normal conversation with a boy, even if he was a ghost.

"So How is my sad kitten doing?" Taeyong asked gently, he started calling her kitten due to her face resembling a cat, "Since when I was 'yours' ?" He only smiled again at her question. She found the pale ghost weird and much more confusing than she found math. He suddenly appeared out of no where and started talking to her as if he knew her.

She didn't or maybe she had forgotten. She had forgotten alot of things maybe he was one of them. "Why are you always smiling like an idiot?"

"Because I want to make you smile."

"You are weird you know that?" Unwillingly a smile appeared on her face. He sure do knew how to change the mood. "Who are you exactly I mean who were you?"

"A random stranger in the hospital."

His reply didn't fully answer her question, maybe he was just a random patient that lost his life in this hospital. The very thought made her heart quench, he was so lively. She wondered what happened but chose not to question.

The room again became silent, but it wasn't uncomfortable. He still floated around the bed looking here and there but stopped to look at her keychain hanging from the pouch, it was a small volleyball along with a bunny. "You really love playing this game don't you?" He asked. Hyejin could feel his ghostly presence just beside her making shiver run her spine. He was cold, of course he would be, he is dead stupid she thought to herself.

"I do! It's such a fun game!"

"Wish I could play it too.." It was the first time since their meeting, she saw sadness on his face. "But hey! I can't play it either now so we are the same!"

"Finally you said something optimistic though it's still kind of negative." His figure became brighter but he was still pale."Maybe you could play it again. Have you even talked to your doctor about that?" Hyejin shook her head in denial causing him to facepalm, "It's obvious Taeyong plus I already just don't want to go on the court." Talking about the subject made her think about the operation that evening, she was scared.

"Hey Taeyong, would they give me anaesthesia for the surgery? I don't want to see my knee being opened up..." She shuddered at the thought of seeing her opened knee, hell no that's disgusting. "I don't know but if you want I will stay here with you, I've got nothing to do anyways."

Hyejin felt warm and giddy. She wasn't alone, he was still here. Taeyong put his hand over hers though it went straight through it but the feelings were conveyed. Hyejin tried but could never unravel what was going inside his ghostly head.

"You know... it's the first time I have talked to a human. They usually don't see me wandering in the corridors, so it kinda feels nice to talk to a real person."

"I am glad I am the first one."

Their laughter echoed through out the room, however if anyone was outside they could only hear one voice but Hyejin paid no heed, she wanted to stay positive like she always was before and Taeyong helped her with that.

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

Who could taeyong be?

GHOST || taeyong जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें