《n i n e》

[ I HEARD IT ]

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

HYEJIN couldn't express her happiness in words. She was contolling herself from jumping and hugging Taeyong to death. She was waiting outside the room as the doctors did a full check on him. The first thing she did was to call his mother who burst into tears at the news and was on her way there.

"Miss Hyejin?" The doctor called her snapping her from her thoughts, "Yes? Is he okay?"

"Thankfully he is stable. The heart rate is normal though he would feel a little difficulty while talking as he has been in a coma for a little more than a year. You can see him now, if there is a problem call me or the nurses immediately." The doctor explained to her, giving a reassuring smile. Hyejin let out a sigh of releive as she went to see him.

Hearing her enter, Taeyong turned to her giving her a tired smile. His pale face from before had turned brighter. Hyejin sat beside his bed, an excited grin on her face. She couldn't stop smiling. "You are finally back yong."

He nodded, his voice still felt foreign to him. "What h-happened while I was gone?" He asked despite him knowing exactly what happened. He wasn't exactly cut off from the world. He too was confused but a weird thing happened making his soul slip out of his body and he kind of resembled a ghost.

"Hmmm It's a very long story. Basically I forgot you for a whole year because my brain thought it would be nice to do that. I played volleyball but now I don't like it. I nearly failed to pass the finals but that is nothing new I guess. Also your mom missed you lile hell. I missed you like hell too." She started to blabble, Taeyong nodded and occasionally said a few ohs and yeahs.

"I was asked out by the Jaehyun, he is a doctor here by the way." Of course he knew about him. A small frown made it's way on his face as his heartbeat increased, "I rejected him. I liked him but uh... I wasn't ready um I guess." Her ears became light shade of pink as she avoided his eyes. She was sure at this point she won't tell him her real feelings until both of them die.

"By the way ...did you know you became a ghost?"

"Yeah. I don't know what happened either so don't ask me."

A comfortable silence fell between them. She continued to stare at him, her eyes softened. He was doing the same. She was still doubting if this was a dream. The silence was broken by him as he said, "I love you too." his sudden confession made her eyes widened, he had heard me she thought. I deep blush painted her cheeks as she broke the eye contact, playing with her sweater sleeves she looked everywhere but him.

"I heard it ....your confession I mean."

She shut her eyes while hiding her face in her hands, "Man I should have been careful." She mumbled to herself, "Why? You wanted to hide it?"

"Forever."

He brought his arm up to remove her hands from her face, his touch was gentle and warm just she remembered. This gesture made her blush even more if it was possible. Though his hands were still slightly shaking as he was not used to moving. "I love you Hyejin."

"I know I know s-stop repeating it." She was beyond flustered. She was never caught off guard like this. Taeyong smiled with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "I love you so much."

At this point she was sure she would combust any second however she was saved by someone entering the room.

"Taeyong!" His mom ran towards him and hugged him as if he would disappear again. Hyejin stood up and gave the duo some space. The scene in front of her warmed her heart. Taeyong melted in his mother's embrace and closed his eyes. "I am back mom."

After hugging her son for a long time she then turned to hyejin and engulfed her into another bone crushing hug. Taeyong laughed quietly at her scrunched up face that needed oxygen."I am so glad both of you are okay.." tears slipped the old woman's eyes.

"I am glad too Mrs. Lee." Hyejin answered as she too melted in the warm hug.

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

Yay! Everything is back
to normal!