《e i g h t》

[ WELCOME BACK ]

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

             A few months had passed since the incident, since her memories came back to her. She would regularly visit Taeyong even if her studies were stressing her. She felt guilty that she was unaware of his condition the whole time even though it really wasn't her fault.

She was able to walk and run without any support just as Dr. Jung said. Speaking of him, the two had become closer due to her constant visits of the hospital. Jaehyun asked her out a few weeks ago however she politely declined. It came out as a shock to her as well, she thought she liked the doctor.

She now knew why she never was interested in relationships and it wasn't because of volleyball. She already gave her heart to someone even if she had forgotten about it for a year and that person was Taeyong.

Today would be the third month since the time she regained her memories. The sky was covered by dark clouds. She looked up to it thinking to herself, Today would be a rainy day. Grabbing her coat and umbrella, she walked towards the hospital.

On weekends she would stay for a whole day, silently reading a book or talking him even though it was one sided conversation. She entered the building, passing a smile towards the receptionists who she had become acquainted with. "Hey Hyejin." Jaehyun greeted her as he came out of a room. "Hey. How are you?" She answered, her eyebags were visible. She hadn't slept well for some days, the nightmares came back. "I am good. Visiting him?" He asked, there was no malice behind his question. She nodded causing him to smile and give her pat on her shoulder.

He sometimes admired her alot. Whether it was for her strong believe that Taeyong would wake up or her constant smiley face even if she wasn't happy.

The door shut with a satisfying click as she entered the room. She was greeted by silence and some occasional beeping by the machines. She glanced at drip and noticed it was changed recently. He still looked handsome as ever. Dropping her coat on a sofa she silently went to sit near him. Her peach sweater keeping her warm, he had given it to her.

"Wassup dead boy."

She received no reply causing her to chuckle and let out weary sigh."Wake up soon man. I am so bored these days. You know I am having vacations  right now." She stopped for a brief second.

"They are all busy for the winter tournament. I tried Taeyong, I practiced it alone but I just couldn't play it."

"I really miss you you know that?"

She hung her head low, her bangs covering her teary eyes."Wake up idiot, no more five minutes."

"You are gone for too long."

"I wonder how you became a ghost and talked to me. It's still a huge mystery. You know I am dumb so I can't understand how you were a ghost when you are .....half dead."

She stopped talking for a moment. Silence again filled the white room. The persistant smell of hospital was still there. She could hear the rain drops hit the window softly creating a serene rythym. She stared outside, it started to rain heavily just as she predicted.

"Your mom is sad. She sometimes think you would never wake up. You know she cried alot when I went to her and hugged me. I couldn't breath." She laughed a little at end part. Placing her hands on the soft foam of the bed, she laid her head down. Small tears escaped her eyes. She wanted nothing more than just him opening his eyes.

"Hey.... wake up. Please, I need you. We all need you."

"Please. It sucks talking to yourself." She mumbled while sniffing. Her sleeves felt damped by her tears.

"Taeyong I love you. I thought it would be the time to tell considering you are not awake so no friendships ruined. I am a genius." She was sobbing now silently. She couldn't bare to see his lifeless face so her back was facing him. Memories of them together flashed by her eyes.

"Remember when you f-fell in mud, your whole uniform was dirty and the whole day you were l-like that cuz I wasn't giving you my p.e cloths." Her rambling continued until she heard a hoarse voice and a slight touch on her hair.

"Y-yeah..."

She hurriedly shuffled from her position and faced him. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish out if water. He opened his eyes though they were only half way there. His usual emotionless face had a small smile dancing on his lips.

Her lips trembled so did her whole body, another round of tears fell from her eyes to her cheeks. She whispered,

"Welcome back."

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━