Fairest Forest

A tiny dragonfly flits past your face, its body looks as though it's made up of glowing orbs of rainbow light. The grass green as emeralds and sparkling just as much as the stream that saunters past. The water clear but clouded with hoards of buzzing wings. The leaves on the trees also sparkled with drops of water from the summer rain. Cobwebs crystallized with mist, the pebbles under the waters surface look like diamonds. You stand up slowly and stretch your hands towards the treetops, the crown shy trees all swaying in the breeze.

    The loud croak of a frog startles you, causing you to jump and spin around. But you were already near the edge of the toad stool and your foot slips.
    Then your face is surrounded with yellow roses, the smell of lemon making you smile and frown slightly. Sitting up, you look over the flower tops and notice all the different colors, there are greens and blues, oranges with tints of reds. Every colour is vibrant and freeing, like it all wishes to be found, to be discovered, to be admired. You wander up to some shrubs and lazily lean in to smell them, thousands of hydrangeas smile up at you. Each one as complex as its neighbour yet simple as four leaf clovers.

    The aforementioned frog leaps out a nearby bush and you laugh, their eyes swiveling around to perceive who dares to laugh at their glorious croaking. Suddenly they're off, bounding through the long grass, and you're following them. You run with them through the foret, deeper and deeper until the trees become dense and the only light comes from the multicoloured dragonflies. Branches pushed away from your eyes with your hands, holding back curling ferns to find the traces of tiny people. The forest spirits are out. Quickly losing interest in the frog, you look around for them. Your eyes are drawn to an old oak tree that bears bright green leaves that are turning orange. As your gaze travels up the bark, along the branches, you spot it. Nestled in the leaves like a blanket, big eyes stare out at you. Its body is white and round, its mouth shaped in surprise, and about the size of your forearm. Its head moves like an owls then, clicking gently as it spins right round, then snapping back into place like a spring. You smile wide at it and it disappears. A happy playful atmosphere falls around you. "Hide and seek it is then!" You shout up at the trees, beginning to skip away into the fairest forest.