➷ Kars | Treasure

Includes

Child!Reader

No one will take you from me.

Humming quietly, you slowly added another flower to the almost finished flower crown held in your small hands. Your little project was almost completed, causing your excitement to grow as you gently plucked another flower from the ground. While you did this, you felt a familiar intense gaze on your person, one that would normally make someone uncomfortable, but to you, it brought comfort. 

Once your task was finally finished a large grin appeared on your face.

"Lord Kars," you turn to face him, "I made this for you!"

Your [e/c] eyes shined with excitement as you showed him the finished flower crown, the white flowers set in a neat yet beautiful array.

The deity eyed the flower crown silently before looking at the eager expression on your face.

"Do you like it?" You ask, watching his expression closely.

Chuckling softly, he says, "Yes, you did a good job."

You beam at his praise as he leans his towering figure down to allow you to place it upon his head. Happy, you were mindful of his horns as you made sure the flower crown would stay in place before pulling away.

As you set off to do something else amongst the flower field, Kars kept a close eye on you.

Never in his long life would he believed he'd come to interact with such an insignificant creature, especially one that has a shorter lifespan than most creatures. It was strange how a  single, lonely human child had become the most important thing in his life.

Kars believed you were too precious for this world and because of that, you would need protection from the many cruel things that plagued the land.

Of course, he was fine with being the one to protect you because now, he refused to let you go.

The original plan he had for you had been to take your life away right in front of Joseph, your older brother, causing the human he despised immense grief.

Just thinking of the expression Joseph could have made causes Kars to chuckle softly, a sick form of elation being brought to him based on his imagination.

But things were different now...

Kars watched as your race around the flower field came to a slow stop, exhaustion evident on your youthful face. Without any hesitation, you walked over to him and crawled into his lap, nuzzling his chest lightly before dozing off.

Yes, the original plan he had for you was thrown away the moment he looked into your innocent [e/c] eyes filled with complete yet oblivious trust in him.

Since then, he realized you were too pure to be tainted by the dangers of the world. So, he decided he wanted to make you his, to keep you forever.

All he had to do was steal you away, and he did.

Contently, Kars regards your small form nestled comfortably against his chest, his clawed hand gently running through your soft [h/c] hair.

Blissfully unaware, you had been stolen away, mind-wiped completely of the family you once loved.

Now, you were his precious treasure, one that he'd never allow anyone to steal from him.