➷ Kars | Treasure | Part II

After all this time he'd finally found you.

So why, why couldn't you remember him?

Joseph felt a frown slowly slip on his face as you quietly kicked your legs. You had been in the park playing with the other children before you had noticed him sitting on a bench looking sad. Strangely, you felt compelled to talk to him and make him smile.

You didn't understand why he seemed so familiar.

Noticing the slight change of color in the sky, you realized you overstayed your welcome. Hopping off the bench, you turn to Joseph with a smile.

"I'm sorry, Mr, but I have to be going now." You give him a wave before hurriedly walking out of the park.

You didn't want to upset Kars by being late or he'd never let you go back to town by yourself.

Realizing you were about to leave Joseph hurriedly follows after you. You were fast but with his long legs, he was able to catch up to you.

"Ah, wait, maybe I can walk you home?" He inquired, his expression filled with worry.

Surprised, you regard him for a moment. Kars didn't like you talking to strangers yet this man felt like he wasn't a stranger.

You didn't understand why.

"Mm, I don't know," you frown.

"It's rather late," Joseph hurriedly says, "it'll be dark before you know it."

"Okay." You relented.

The two of you walk in silence for a few minutes before you ask, "Say Mr, what's your name?"

"It's Joseph." He replies.

"Oh, can I call you Jojo?!" You ask excitedly.

"Yeah..." Joseph gives you a weak smile, his heart aching terribly.

Pleased with making a new friend you were disappointed the moment you came to a familiar path. Stopping, you looked at Joseph with a smile.

"I have to go this way, Jojo, but I'll be seeing you!" You wave goodbye before turning to walk away.

Joseph grabs your hand before you could take any step further.

"You can't," he whispers weakly.

"What do you mean?" Confused, you turn to look at him.

"You can't go back to Kars," he says, "he's not someone safe!"

Before you could do anything, Joseph begins to drag you away. Panicked, you began to struggle, trying to get him to let you go.

"Let me go," you yell, "I don't want to go with you!"

Joseph frowns while uttering, "Stop struggling, [Y/n], this is for your own good!"

Frightened, you open your mouth to yell for help, "Lord K—," but Joseph covers your mouth before you could get the words out.

"Shh," he whispers, "don't call that monster! We have to go before he notices!"

You bite his hand unexpectedly, causing him to remove it from your mouth while yelling, "Ow!"

"He's not a monster," you defend, "He's my family!"

"No, he's not!" Joseph yells in anger.

"I'm your true family, I'm your brother!" He frowns.

"I don't have a brother," you shake your head, "Lord Kars said my family all died."

"That's not true! We both have the same birthmark." He releases you to show you his familiar star birthmark, one that is the same as your own.

Since you were a child it was hard for you to understand certain things. Even though Joseph seemed familiar, you didn't believe a word he said. So, you decided to yell, "You could be faking!"

You were always this stubborn.

Joseph sighs sadly before saying, "Doesn't matter, I'll be taking you home soon enough."

He lifts you in his arms and carries you away, your struggling futile.

Whimpering softly you think, "I wanna go back to Lord Kars..."

Where...

Where were you?

Since this morning, Kars had a terrible feeling in his gut. The moment he allowed you to go into town, it had only gotten worse. Now, you were late, something that has never happened before.

Where were you?!

There was no trace of you in town, the place and people suffering the deity's wrath the moment he couldn't find you.

Kars knew that once he found the one who decided to take you from him they would suffer his wrath tenfold.

Then, he heard it.

"Lord Kars!" Your call for him echoes throughout the forest.

When Kars found you, he was livid. The man he despised most was the one who boldly took you from him.

"Joseph Joestar," he sneers, "I should've known."

"Kars, you bastard," Joseph glares at him, "I'm not allowing you to take [Y/n] away again!"

While the two spoke, you manage to wiggle free from Joseph's hold.

"[Y/n], wait!" Joseph tries to stop you, but you ignore him as you make a beeline straight to Kars.

You run behind him, holding onto his hip as you warily peek at Joseph. You felt bad at the sight of his worried expression, but you knew that the only person you should trust was Kars.

A smirk appears on Kars' face as he haughtily says, "It seems she doesn't want to be with you."

Joseph clenches his fist angrily, hatred darkening his gaze as he looks at Kars.

"Bastard, undo what you've done to her, give me back my sister!" He demands.

"Never," Kars sneers, "She's mine to protect."

Joseph could no longer contain his anger as he lunged at the deity while yelling, "I'll kill you!"

The moment the sound of the fighting has stopped, you uncovered your ears and slowly opened your eyes.

You flinched at the sight of Joseph's battered and bloodied form, but before you could take a step closer Kars blocked your way.

"Let us go, [Y/n]," he says softly as he offers you his hand.

Without hesitation you grabbed his hand, allowing him to lead you away from Joseph's dying form.

"[Y/n]..." You hear Joseph call out to you weakly.

You turned your head slightly to look at him one last time, [e/c] eyes flashing with familiarity as you sadly whisper, "Bye-bye, big brother."

"